Premium leather has always been the signature feature of Nike’s iconic Tiempo franchise. For the Tiempo Legend 8, the timeless leather exterior is combined with a highly modernized interior to deliver a technical beast of a boot.
- Nike Sport Research Lab data indicates that Flyknit hugging a boot's arch makes a player feel more secure, so a new Flyknit Fit Tunnel was created for the Tiempo Legend 8 that provides a supportive, snug fit around the midfoot.
- This is complemented by Quadfit mesh in the forefoot that stretches in four directions to accommodate any foot shape, while simultaneously preventing overstretching of the outer leather layer.
- A stitchless quilted diamond pattern on the upper helps keep water and mud from seeping in, and avoids the tiny perforations to the leather that would occur in traditional stitching.
- The small-sided version of the Tiempo features Nike React foam.
- The upper is made of the same premium leather Tiempo is famous for and retains the Hyperstability plate players love.
While often associated with a classic aesthetic, the Tiempo Legend 8 was tested on some of the world’s best players in a dazzle camo colorway. By popular demand, this look will be available in limited-edition at a later date. The boot launches June 24 on nike.com in black and white colorways.