Science meets performance when the University of Oregon debuts the latest Nike Pro Combat system of dress technology.
Nike will celebrate the Ducks’ return to the Rose Bowl with the debut of its latest Nike Pro Combat system of dress – the most advanced football uniform system ever assembled.
This fully integrated uniform system, debuted in its first iteration by the University of Oregon during last years’ BCS National Championship Game, incorporates the pinnacle in performance innovation and design from the world’s most renowned athletic outfitter. The new uniform provides enhanced thermoregulation and more durability with the inclusion of Nike Chain Maille Mesh – a lightweight ultra-breathable material – used in both the jersey and pant.
While the uniform certainly makes the team more recognizable, it’s their commitment to innovation and building better athletes that allows the University of Oregon to take its place among the nation’s most elite programs.
“Nike’s relationship with the University of Oregon represents a forward-thinking approach to innovation and design. Our goal is to help build better athletes by providing them with state-of-the-art-innovation combined with a deep knowledge and understanding of their heritage” said Todd Van Horne, Nike’s Creative Director for Football. The latest Nike Pro Combat system of dress uniform delivers more on-field performance benefits than ever before while pushing the limits on creativity and design. The Oregon Ducks truly represent Nike's approach in developing athletes from the inside-out.”
“Oregon represents the gold-standard when it comes to merging science and innovation with athletic performance and we are excited to continue our partnership with Nike by unveiling the next iteration in uniform innovation for the Rose Bowl” said Oregon Ducks Head Football Coach Chip Kelly. “Nike always starts by listening to the voice of the athlete as they continue to bring the most intuitive technology to the game.”
From the cleats to the base layer, to the gloves and helmet, the Ducks’ uniform represents the pinnacle in game-day innovation for speed. New this year is the development of Nike Chain Maille Mesh technology, the ultimate in breathable uniform design. These innovations coupled with durable, lightweight padding provide athletes with a complete on-field suit of armor. Performance benefits include:
• Eleven different materials in the Nike Pro Combat uniform (jersey and pant), and 16 different materials in the complete system of dress – each to address the specific needs of the athlete in game situations
• Nike Chain Maille Mesh material incorporated into the back and under the arms in the jersey, as well as down the sides of the pant for exceptional ventilation without sacrificing durability. The new Nike Chain Maille Mesh integration also emphasizes improved thermoregulation, including the Nike Pro Combat Deflex padding layer, which is constructed with fabric selected for its ability to help keep the body cool and wick away sweat – making the uniform, and player, lighter and dryer.
• Increased air flow with large open-hole woven construction for more ventilation
• A redesigned base layer that facilitates the uniform’s overall innovation, delivering the ultimate in lightweight protection for maximum speed. The base layer in the pant also features customizable protection that incorporates a thin, incredibly strong carbon fiber plate that can be placed on the thigh padding where needed.
• Strategically placed seams, pads and cooling zones that help minimize distraction and optimize protective coverage. Robust padding, without the bulk, has also been added to offer optimal low-profile impact protection specifically throughout the crucial “hit zone” between the knees and shoulders.
• Nike Pro Combat Deflex padding integrated in the hip and knee areas of the pant for crucial impact protection that stays in place
• A Flywire collar eliminating two layers of fabric for improved breathability, providing a more stable anchor to keep the jersey in place
The uniform wouldn’t be complete without combining these innovations with a nod to the Duck’s rich heritage. Design elements include:
• A completely re-designed number system boasting an iridescent sheen similar to that on a mallard’s feathers. The larger, bolder numbers shift in color as they move.
• An armored wing design resting on new material engineered for maximum strength along the shoulder area
• A new look for the helmet featuring bright wings atop a mirrored appearance using a LiquidMetal black finish never before seen on the field. Though the wings are featured on the side, the iconic Oregon "O" still appears on the helmet located in a unique top-center placement.
Want It All is about working hard, playing with confidence and style at every level of the game. From the neighborhood streets to the NBA court, Donte wants it all.
Want It All is about working hard, playing with confidenc...
The Nike AF1 A-COLD-WALL* is available October 21 exclusively at the A-COLD-WALL* pop-up in London.
The Nike AF1 A-COLD-WALL* is available October 21 exclusi...
James’s long-time designer dishes on the benefits of knit, the benefits of Max Air and delivering a new aesthetic.
James’s long-time designer dishes on the benefits of knit...
It's available October 27 on the Nike SNKRS App, nike.com and at select...
It's now available on the Nike App, nike.com and at select retailers.
It's coming soon to the Nike App, nike.com and select retailers.
More choice and an all-new shopping experience mean there’s something for everyone — and every workout. This simple guide can help you find your perfect pair(s).
More choice and an all-new shopping experience mean there...
Nike’s first football boot built in Montebelluna, the Air GX, hit the pitch in 1997. The fabled facility updates the classic boot with the new Hypervenom GX, launching today.
Nike’s first football boot built in Montebelluna, the Air...
The partnership, in its twentieth year, will see Nike continue to design and supply apparel to the twenty-five football, futsal and beach football teams within the Portuguese Football Federation, as well as support the continued growth of the women’s game.
The partnership, in its twentieth year, will see Nike con...
The Jordan Brand Holiday ‘17 collection evolves the brand’s iconic heritage while shaping its future. From performance to sportswear to training, Holiday ‘17 is designed to help athletes Fly Above on and off the court.
The Jordan Brand Holiday ‘17 collection evolves the brand...
The Italian designer’s latest NikeLab collection offers a new take on the Air Force 1 and classic garments, including a luxury Nike Destroyer Jacket and an all-new Oxford shirt. The collection launches October 12 in North America, October 20 in Paris and October 21 globally.
The Italian designer’s latest NikeLab collection offers a...
OBJ’s latest pre-game design hooks up with an exclusive new apparel drop.
OBJ’s latest pre-game design hooks up with an exclusive n...
Two of football's greatest discuss CR7's evolution as a player and the special significance of his CR7 Mercurial Chapter 5: Cut to Brilliance boots.
Two of football's greatest discuss CR7's evolution as a p...
Hong Kong’s Wonder Kid shares his resolve and inspires every athlete by showing how overcoming daunting moments is critical to reaching goals.
Hong Kong’s Wonder Kid shares his resolve and inspires ev...
NIKE, Inc. (NYSE:NKE) today reported fiscal 2018 financial results for its first quarter ended August 31, 2017.
NIKE, Inc. (NYSE:NKE) today reported fiscal 2018 financia...