The Oregon Ducks, known for the most advanced uniforms Nike has on the football field, kicked off the season in a state-of-the-art Nike Pro Combat Football system.
Moments ago the Oregon Ducks, known for the most advanced uniforms Nike has on the football field, kicked off the season in a state-of-the-art Nike Pro Combat Football system. The new aesthetic combines a Kelly Green jersey, Yellow Strike pants, custom chrome Vapor Talon Elite cleats and a yellow helmet -- creating a head-to-toe retro-futuristic look that juxtaposes the Ducks' rich heritage with their forward-thinking approach to every aspect of the game. Through this unique uniform combination, Nike pays homage to Oregon's game-changing methodology, faster style of play, and belief in providing athletes with best-in-class innovation to help them achieve their highest potential.
ABOUT THE NEW UNIFORM CHASSIS
From the cleats to the base layer, to the gloves and helmet, the Ducks’ uniform represents the pinnacle in game-day innovation for speed. As launched during the Rose Bowl, the latest development of Nike Chain Maille Mesh technology is the ultimate in breathable uniform design. These innovations coupled with durable, lightweight padding provide athletes with a complete on-field suit of armor.
* Eleven different materials in the Nike Pro Combat uniform (jersey and pant), and 16 different materials in the complete system of dress – each to address the specific needs of the athlete in game situations.
* Nike Chain Maille Mesh material incorporated into the back and under the arms in the jersey, as well as down the sides of the pant for exceptional ventilation without sacrificing durability. The new Nike Chain Maille Mesh integration also emphasizes improved thermoregulation, including the Nike Pro Combat Deflex padding layer, which has a baselayer constructed with fabric selected for its ability to help keep the body cool and wick away sweat – making the uniform, and player, lighter and dryer.
* A redesigned base layer that facilitates the uniform’s overall innovation, delivering the ultimate in lightweight protection for maximum speed. The base layer in the pant also features customizable protection that incorporates a thin, incredibly strong carbon fiber plate that can be placed on the thigh padding where needed.
* Strategically placed seams, pads and cooling zones that help minimize distraction and optimize protective coverage. Robust padding, without the bulk, has also been added to offer optimal low-profile impact protection specifically throughout the crucial “hit zone” between the knees and shoulders.
* Nike Pro Combat Deflex padding integrated in the hip and knee areas of the pant for crucial impact protection that stays in place.
* A Flywire collar eliminating two layers of fabric for improved breathability, providing a more stable anchor to keep the jersey in place.
* The uniform wouldn’t be complete without combining these innovations with a nod to the Duck’s evolution, not only in color but also in design. This includes a new wing design on the shoulders specifically engineered to provide maximum strength in the shoulder area while the spacing of the feathers allows for even greater mobility.
* The completely re-designed number system was inspired by the shape of a mallard’s feathers. These larger, bolder numbers maximize legibility on-field and accent the uniform colorway.
The Converse x Dr. Woo collection releases January 20 on converse.com and at select retailers.
The Converse x Dr. Woo collection releases January 20 on ...
Designed by Tony Hardman and debuted in Cleveland, the PG2 arrives February 10 in a special PlayStation colorway.
Designed by Tony Hardman and debuted in Cleveland, the PG...
Eight Air Max Zero silhouettes designed by young Imaginairs celebrate the creative impulse of air. The shoes will be available in grade school sizes beginning January 20,
Eight Air Max Zero silhouettes designed by young Imaginai...
The AF1 CR7 is available January 11.
The iconic Jordan XI hits the gridiron this weekend.
A special-edition training shoe for quarterback Russell Wilson is...
Nike announced today that it has signed its second major wind contract with Avangrid Renewables — this time for 86 megawatts of Texas wind power — positioning the brand to achieve its 2025 target of sourcing 100-percent renewable energy.
Nike announced today that it has signed its second major ...
A discrete group of internal Nike designers rethinks the Nike Air Force 1 and Air Jordan 1 for the first time.
A discrete group of internal Nike designers rethinks the ...
Limited units of the Nike VaporMax Plus drop today on SNKRS.
This spring, the Air Jordan I and Air Jordan XIII are reimagined with new color ways and the Air Jordan X celebrates its 23rd year.
This spring, the Air Jordan I and Air Jordan XIII are rei...
The NikeCourt Melbourne collection, including the NikeCourt Air Zoom Vapor X, is available now for men and women on nike.com
The NikeCourt Melbourne collection, including the NikeCou...
EQUALITY represents Nike’s belief that sport brings people together like nothing else. The ongoing effort to encourage people to take the fairness and respect they see in sport and translate them off the field.
EQUALITY represents Nike’s belief that sport brings peopl...
Learn what this year’s dates, graphics and colors represent, and find out when NBA players will wear EQUALITY and BHM apparel on court. Products will be available starting January 15 on nike.com.
Learn what this year’s dates, graphics and colors represe...
The collection comes in women’s sizes 5-12.
The jacket system, pants, boots and gloves that make up Team USA's medal stand look celebrate success (while keeping the athletes warm and comfortable). You can buy the products January 15 on nike.com.
The jacket system, pants, boots and gloves that make up T...