The Ducks will kick off their season on September 1 wearing the fully integrated uniform system that debuted at the Rose Bowl earlier this year.
Today Nike celebrates the return of college football by highlighting the Oregon Ducks uniform innovation – the most advanced football uniform system to date. The Ducks will kick off their season on September 1 wearing the fully integrated uniform system that debuted at the Rose Bowl earlier this year. The new uniform incorporates pinnacle performance innovation and design while providing enhanced thermoregulation and more durability with the inclusion of Nike Chain Maille Mesh – a lightweight ultra-breathable material – used in both the jersey and pant.
"Our goal is to help build better athletes by providing them with state-of-the-art-innovation combined with a deep knowledge and understanding of Oregon’s heritage and the uniform chassis that the Ducks will wear is the next evolution in football innovation," said Todd Van Horne, Nike’s Creative Director for Football. "With the integration of Chain Maille Mesh into the jersey as well as the functional winged pattern on the shoulders, this is truly the lightest, fastest football uniform we’ve ever made."
While the uniform has made the team more recognizable, it is Oregon’s commitment to innovation and building better athletes that allows the team to take its place among the nation’s most elite programs.
"Nike has always done a tremendous job of integrating the input they have gathered from our players with a cutting-edge technology that maximizes their performance on the field," Oregon Head Coach Chip Kelly said. "Every year I ask how they possibly can surpass their previous innovations and every year they deliver. Once again, Nike has set the standard in revolutionary uniform design."
About the new uniform chassis
From the cleats to the base layer, to the gloves and helmet, the Ducks’ uniform represents the pinnacle in game-day innovation for speed. As launched during the Rose Bowl, the latest development of Nike Chain Maille Mesh technology is the ultimate in breathable uniform design. These innovations coupled with durable, lightweight padding provide athletes with a complete on-field suit of armor.
- Eleven different materials in the Nike Pro Combat uniform (jersey and pant), and 16 different materials in the complete system of dress – each to address the specific needs of the athlete in game situations.
- Nike Chain Maille Mesh material incorporated into the back and under the arms in the jersey, as well as down the sides of the pant for exceptional ventilation without sacrificing durability. The new Nike Chain Maille Mesh integration also emphasizes improved thermoregulation, including the Nike Pro Combat Deflex padding layer, which has a baselayer constructed with fabric selected for its ability to help keep the body cool and wick away sweat – making the uniform, and player, lighter and dryer.
- A redesigned base layer that facilitates the uniform’s overall innovation, delivering the ultimate in lightweight protection for maximum speed. The base layer in the pant also features customizable protection that incorporates a thin, incredibly strong carbon fiber plate that can be placed on the thigh padding where needed.
- Strategically placed seams, pads and cooling zones that help minimize distraction and optimize protective coverage. Robust padding, without the bulk, has also been added to offer optimal low-profile impact protection specifically throughout the crucial “hit zone” between the knees and shoulders.
- Nike Pro Combat Deflex padding integrated in the hip and knee areas of the pant for crucial impact protection that stays in place.
- A Flywire collar eliminating two layers of fabric for improved breathability, providing a more stable anchor to keep the jersey in place.
- The uniform wouldn’t be complete without combining these innovations with a nod to the Duck’s evolution, not only in color but also in design. This includes a new wing design on the shoulders specifically engineered to provide maximum strength in the shoulder area while the spacing of the feathers allows for even greater mobility.
- The completely re-designed number system was inspired by the shape of a mallard’s feathers. These larger, bolder numbers maximize legibility on-field and accent the uniform colorway.
In short, it's the softest, smoothest and most resilient foam Nike has ever delivered. It launched in basketball and this February it comes to running shoes. Find out how it can help runners of all levels want to do more and go farther.
In short, it's the softest, smoothest and most resilient ...
The Converse x Vince Staples collection features a shoe fans will remember from the Long Beach rapper's recent Life Aquatic tour.
The Converse x Vince Staples collection features a shoe f...
It's the first running shoe to feature Nike's latest foam technology that's designed to cushion the impact of each stride and offer the energy return needed to stay fresh late in a run. It will be available February 22.
It's the first running shoe to feature Nike's latest foam...
The AF1 CR7 is available January 11.
The iconic Jordan XI hits the gridiron this weekend.
A special-edition training shoe for quarterback Russell Wilson is...
Designed by Tony Hardman and debuted in Cleveland, the PG2 arrives February 10 in a special PlayStation colorway.
Designed by Tony Hardman and debuted in Cleveland, the PG...
Eight Air Max Zero silhouettes designed by young Imaginairs celebrate the creative impulse of air. The shoes will be available in grade school sizes beginning January 20,
Eight Air Max Zero silhouettes designed by young Imaginai...
Nike announced today that it has signed its second major wind contract with Avangrid Renewables — this time for 86 megawatts of Texas wind power — positioning the brand to achieve its 2025 target of sourcing 100-percent renewable energy.
Nike announced today that it has signed its second major ...
A discrete group of internal Nike designers rethinks the Nike Air Force 1 and Air Jordan 1 for the first time.
A discrete group of internal Nike designers rethinks the ...
Limited units of the Nike VaporMax Plus drop today on SNKRS.
This spring, the Air Jordan I and Air Jordan XIII are reimagined with new color ways and the Air Jordan X celebrates its 23rd year.
This spring, the Air Jordan I and Air Jordan XIII are rei...
The NikeCourt Melbourne collection, including the NikeCourt Air Zoom Vapor X, is available now for men and women on nike.com
The NikeCourt Melbourne collection, including the NikeCou...
EQUALITY represents Nike’s belief that sport brings people together like nothing else. The ongoing effort to encourage people to take the fairness and respect they see in sport and translate them off the field.
EQUALITY represents Nike’s belief that sport brings peopl...
Learn what this year’s dates, graphics and colors represent, and find out when NBA players will wear EQUALITY and BHM apparel on court. Products will be available starting January 15 on nike.com.
Learn what this year’s dates, graphics and colors represe...