The latest Oregon uniform chassis incorporates pinnacle performance innovation and design while providing enhanced thermoregulation and more durability with the inclusion of Nike Chain Maille Mesh – a lightweight ultra-breathable material – used in both the jersey and pant.
The new wing design on the shoulders is specifically engineered to provide maximum strength in the shoulder area while the spacing of the feathers allows for even greater mobility.
Nike Flywire technology in the collar eliminates layers, reducing weight and providing a lockdown fit in a uniform in order to minimize grab points.
New lightweight Nike Chain Maille Mesh is strategically placed throughout the uniform for unprecedented thermoregulation where the athlete needs it most. This new fabric reduces weight without sacrificing strength.
Nike Deflex padding is built directly into the waistband of the pant adding lightweight impact protection at the hip - a crucial hit zone. Deflex padding is also integrated into the Hyperstrong baselayer top and pant to create the complete uniform system.
The Nike Pro Combat system of dress is the lightest, fastest uniform we've created to date - with reduced weight even in seemingly small places such as the aircraft grade aluminum D-ring belt.
The Ducks will kick off their season on September 1 wearing the fully integrated uniform system that debuted at the Rose Bowl earlier this year.
Today Nike celebrates the return of college football by highlighting the Oregon Ducks uniform innovation – the most advanced football uniform system to date. The Ducks will kick off their season on September 1 wearing the fully integrated uniform system that debuted at the Rose Bowl earlier this year. The new uniform incorporates pinnacle performance innovation and design while providing enhanced thermoregulation and more durability with the inclusion of Nike Chain Maille Mesh – a lightweight ultra-breathable material – used in both the jersey and pant.
"Our goal is to help build better athletes by providing them with state-of-the-art-innovation combined with a deep knowledge and understanding of Oregon’s heritage and the uniform chassis that the Ducks will wear is the next evolution in football innovation," said Todd Van Horne, Nike’s Creative Director for Football. "With the integration of Chain Maille Mesh into the jersey as well as the functional winged pattern on the shoulders, this is truly the lightest, fastest football uniform we’ve ever made."
While the uniform has made the team more recognizable, it is Oregon’s commitment to innovation and building better athletes that allows the team to take its place among the nation’s most elite programs.
"Nike has always done a tremendous job of integrating the input they have gathered from our players with a cutting-edge technology that maximizes their performance on the field," Oregon Head Coach Chip Kelly said. "Every year I ask how they possibly can surpass their previous innovations and every year they deliver. Once again, Nike has set the standard in revolutionary uniform design."
About the new uniform chassis
From the cleats to the base layer, to the gloves and helmet, the Ducks’ uniform represents the pinnacle in game-day innovation for speed. As launched during the Rose Bowl, the latest development of Nike Chain Maille Mesh technology is the ultimate in breathable uniform design. These innovations coupled with durable, lightweight padding provide athletes with a complete on-field suit of armor.
- Eleven different materials in the Nike Pro Combat uniform (jersey and pant), and 16 different materials in the complete system of dress – each to address the specific needs of the athlete in game situations.
- Nike Chain Maille Mesh material incorporated into the back and under the arms in the jersey, as well as down the sides of the pant for exceptional ventilation without sacrificing durability. The new Nike Chain Maille Mesh integration also emphasizes improved thermoregulation, including the Nike Pro Combat Deflex padding layer, which has a baselayer constructed with fabric selected for its ability to help keep the body cool and wick away sweat – making the uniform, and player, lighter and dryer.
- A redesigned base layer that facilitates the uniform’s overall innovation, delivering the ultimate in lightweight protection for maximum speed. The base layer in the pant also features customizable protection that incorporates a thin, incredibly strong carbon fiber plate that can be placed on the thigh padding where needed.
- Strategically placed seams, pads and cooling zones that help minimize distraction and optimize protective coverage. Robust padding, without the bulk, has also been added to offer optimal low-profile impact protection specifically throughout the crucial “hit zone” between the knees and shoulders.
- Nike Pro Combat Deflex padding integrated in the hip and knee areas of the pant for crucial impact protection that stays in place.
- A Flywire collar eliminating two layers of fabric for improved breathability, providing a more stable anchor to keep the jersey in place.
- The uniform wouldn’t be complete without combining these innovations with a nod to the Duck’s evolution, not only in color but also in design. This includes a new wing design on the shoulders specifically engineered to provide maximum strength in the shoulder area while the spacing of the feathers allows for even greater mobility.
- The completely re-designed number system was inspired by the shape of a mallard’s feathers. These larger, bolder numbers maximize legibility on-field and accent the uniform colorway.
The new studio allows for real-time, live design directly on a shoe. The experience is open now at Niketown London.
The new studio allows for real-time, live design directly...
The KYRIE 4 launches December 15. With it, the shoe’s designer, Benjamin Nethongkome, aims to blaze new trails with Irving’s line.
The KYRIE 4 launches December 15. With it, the shoe’s des...
4,000 pairs of Ramos' player edition Tiempo are available December 19.
4,000 pairs of Ramos' player edition Tiempo are available...
A special-edition training shoe for quarterback Russell Wilson is...
It's available starting December 14 in women's sizing on the Nike App,...
It's available December 7 on the Nike App, nike.com and at select...
The new Nike Metcon 4 keeps everything training athletes have come to love about the shoe, but improves its durability and comfort in a big way. It’s is available on Nike iD December 19, on nike.com and at select retailers in North America January 1 and retailers globally January 4.
The new Nike Metcon 4 keeps everything training athletes ...
The special Mercurials celebrate CR7's continued achievements.
The special Mercurials celebrate CR7's continued achievem...
The shoe launches on December 14 at Overkill in Berlin.
The Soulland designer on his second collaboration with Nike SB, the enduring legacy of the Dunk and pushing boundaries.
The Soulland designer on his second collaboration with Ni...
Three new buildings open in 2018, and the largest of Nike’s World Headquarters (WHQ) expansion project — the new merchandising building that spans the equivalent of three city blocks — is expected to be completed in 2019.
Three new buildings open in 2018, and the largest of Nike...
Thanks to one of the original product creation triads, the all-new Nike Shox Gravity went from design to delivery in record time.
Thanks to one of the original product creation triads, th...
It will cover more than 69,000 square feet.
Nike's first ever made-for-athletes hijab is now available from the United Arab Emirates to Sweden. Learn why the garment has the power to inspire girls and women to follow their passion for sport.
Nike's first ever made-for-athletes hijab is now availabl...
Made famous during Nike’s Breaking 2 attempt, Nike's 4% system has redefined fast. Want proof? Check out the success athletes have had while wearing the Zoom Vaporfly 4% during this year's marathon season.
Made famous during Nike’s Breaking 2 attempt, Nike's 4% s...