The latest Oregon uniform chassis incorporates pinnacle performance innovation and design while providing enhanced thermoregulation and more durability with the inclusion of Nike Chain Maille Mesh – a lightweight ultra-breathable material – used in both the jersey and pant.
The new wing design on the shoulders is specifically engineered to provide maximum strength in the shoulder area while the spacing of the feathers allows for even greater mobility.
Nike Flywire technology in the collar eliminates layers, reducing weight and providing a lockdown fit in a uniform in order to minimize grab points.
New lightweight Nike Chain Maille Mesh is strategically placed throughout the uniform for unprecedented thermoregulation where the athlete needs it most. This new fabric reduces weight without sacrificing strength.
Nike Deflex padding is built directly into the waistband of the pant adding lightweight impact protection at the hip - a crucial hit zone. Deflex padding is also integrated into the Hyperstrong baselayer top and pant to create the complete uniform system.
The Nike Pro Combat system of dress is the lightest, fastest uniform we've created to date - with reduced weight even in seemingly small places such as the aircraft grade aluminum D-ring belt.
The Ducks will kick off their season on September 1 wearing the fully integrated uniform system that debuted at the Rose Bowl earlier this year.
Today Nike celebrates the return of college football by highlighting the Oregon Ducks uniform innovation – the most advanced football uniform system to date. The Ducks will kick off their season on September 1 wearing the fully integrated uniform system that debuted at the Rose Bowl earlier this year. The new uniform incorporates pinnacle performance innovation and design while providing enhanced thermoregulation and more durability with the inclusion of Nike Chain Maille Mesh – a lightweight ultra-breathable material – used in both the jersey and pant.
"Our goal is to help build better athletes by providing them with state-of-the-art-innovation combined with a deep knowledge and understanding of Oregon’s heritage and the uniform chassis that the Ducks will wear is the next evolution in football innovation," said Todd Van Horne, Nike’s Creative Director for Football. "With the integration of Chain Maille Mesh into the jersey as well as the functional winged pattern on the shoulders, this is truly the lightest, fastest football uniform we’ve ever made."
While the uniform has made the team more recognizable, it is Oregon’s commitment to innovation and building better athletes that allows the team to take its place among the nation’s most elite programs.
"Nike has always done a tremendous job of integrating the input they have gathered from our players with a cutting-edge technology that maximizes their performance on the field," Oregon Head Coach Chip Kelly said. "Every year I ask how they possibly can surpass their previous innovations and every year they deliver. Once again, Nike has set the standard in revolutionary uniform design."
About the new uniform chassis
From the cleats to the base layer, to the gloves and helmet, the Ducks’ uniform represents the pinnacle in game-day innovation for speed. As launched during the Rose Bowl, the latest development of Nike Chain Maille Mesh technology is the ultimate in breathable uniform design. These innovations coupled with durable, lightweight padding provide athletes with a complete on-field suit of armor.
- Eleven different materials in the Nike Pro Combat uniform (jersey and pant), and 16 different materials in the complete system of dress – each to address the specific needs of the athlete in game situations.
- Nike Chain Maille Mesh material incorporated into the back and under the arms in the jersey, as well as down the sides of the pant for exceptional ventilation without sacrificing durability. The new Nike Chain Maille Mesh integration also emphasizes improved thermoregulation, including the Nike Pro Combat Deflex padding layer, which has a baselayer constructed with fabric selected for its ability to help keep the body cool and wick away sweat – making the uniform, and player, lighter and dryer.
- A redesigned base layer that facilitates the uniform’s overall innovation, delivering the ultimate in lightweight protection for maximum speed. The base layer in the pant also features customizable protection that incorporates a thin, incredibly strong carbon fiber plate that can be placed on the thigh padding where needed.
- Strategically placed seams, pads and cooling zones that help minimize distraction and optimize protective coverage. Robust padding, without the bulk, has also been added to offer optimal low-profile impact protection specifically throughout the crucial “hit zone” between the knees and shoulders.
- Nike Pro Combat Deflex padding integrated in the hip and knee areas of the pant for crucial impact protection that stays in place.
- A Flywire collar eliminating two layers of fabric for improved breathability, providing a more stable anchor to keep the jersey in place.
- The uniform wouldn’t be complete without combining these innovations with a nod to the Duck’s evolution, not only in color but also in design. This includes a new wing design on the shoulders specifically engineered to provide maximum strength in the shoulder area while the spacing of the feathers allows for even greater mobility.
- The completely re-designed number system was inspired by the shape of a mallard’s feathers. These larger, bolder numbers maximize legibility on-field and accent the uniform colorway.
Limited units of the Nike VaporMax Plus drop today on SNKRS.
This spring, the Air Jordan I and Air Jordan XIII are reimagined with new color ways and the Air Jordan X celebrates its 23rd year.
This spring, the Air Jordan I and Air Jordan XIII are rei...
The NikeCourt Melbourne collection, including the NikeCourt Air Zoom Vapor X, is available now for men and women on nike.com
The NikeCourt Melbourne collection, including the NikeCou...
The AF1 CR7 is available January 11.
The iconic Jordan XI hits the gridiron this weekend.
A special-edition training shoe for quarterback Russell Wilson is...
EQUALITY represents Nike’s belief that sport brings people together like nothing else. The ongoing effort to encourage people to take the fairness and respect they see in sport and translate them off the field.
EQUALITY represents Nike’s belief that sport brings peopl...
Learn what this year’s dates, graphics and colors represent, and find out when NBA players will wear EQUALITY and BHM apparel on court. Products will be available starting January 15 on nike.com.
Learn what this year’s dates, graphics and colors represe...
The collection comes in women’s sizes 5-12.
The jacket system, pants, boots and gloves that make up Team USA's medal stand look celebrate success (while keeping the athletes warm and comfortable). You can buy the products January 15 on nike.com.
The jacket system, pants, boots and gloves that make up T...
How one woman went from an everyday exerciser to one race away from being Africa’s first female Olympic skeleton athlete in less than four months.
How one woman went from an everyday exerciser to one race...
Jordan Brand and Levi’s® come together for new collaboration.
Jordan Brand and Levi’s® come together for new collaborat...
The new Nike Motion Adapt sports bra features a smart technology that relaxes during low-intensity exercise and locks out when it senses running, jumping and other high-velocity movements — adapting to the athltete's body during every workout. Nike’s Spring 2018 bra collection is available now on nike.com and at select retailers.
The new Nike Motion Adapt sports bra features a smart tec...
The shoe releases February 1 on SNKRS.
Westrook's debut signature shoe, the Why Not Zer0.1, launches January 15 with limited quantities of the Mirror Image colorway. The 2-Way colorway releases February 15.
Westrook's debut signature shoe, the Why Not Zer0.1, laun...