Nike celebrates 15 years by encouraging you to LIVESTRONG.
On Oct. 2, 1996, Lance Armstrong was diagnosed with advanced testicular cancer. On Jan. 8, 1997, he decided to engage others in his fight against the disease by starting the Lance Armstrong Foundation. By 1999 he was back on the bike and went on to claim a record seven Tour De France victories while raising awareness and hope for millions of people whose lives have been impacted by cancer.
Today Lance’s foundation is known the world over as LIVESTRONG. For 28 million people around the world living with cancer today it is a symbol of inspiration, help and community. Nike is proud to be a long-time supporter of Lance Armstrong and LIVESTRONG.
Nike’s commitment to Lance as an athlete and advocate began in 1996. Our partnership continues to grow as we work together to help expand his message of hope to LIVESTRONG supporters around the world with the Nike LIVESTRONG collection.
15 ways to LIVESTRONG:
1. Support LIVESTRONG by purchasing a wristband for $1.In 2004, Nike launched the LIVESTRONG yellow wristband to help raise awareness and funds for LIVESTRONG. The wristband became a global phenomenon, with Lance and other athletes, celebrities and individuals from all walks of life joining what LIVESTRONG CEO and President Doug Ulman calls “the democratization of philanthropy.”
2. Wear the LIVESTRONG Collection.Nike created the LIVESTRONG collection of training apparel, footwear and accessories in 2008. Rooted in performance and style, the collection has grown tremendously since the iconic yellow LIVESTRONG wristband debuted in 2004. To date more than 84 million wristbands have been distributed and $100 million raised for the cause. Nike’s LIVESTRONG collection is available at www.nikestore.com and select retailers around the world.
3. Learn from LIVESTRONG.Visit www.livestrong.org to learn about the disease, what you can do to support and help others living with cancer, and how Lance’s fight inspired him to begin LIVESTRONG.
4. Seek help from LIVESTRONG.LIVESTRONG provides free, confidential, one-on-one support to anyone affected by cancer. Visit www.livestrong.org/gethelp.
5. Train for LIVESTRONG.Amplify your training with the team LIVESTRONG feature on the Nike Boom app. Lance will motivate you as you train to meet your fundraising goals and you can spread the word through your social networks.
6. Compete for LIVESTRONG.Visit www.livestrong.org/team and sign up to run, walk or bike in a team LIVESTRONG event happening across the country.
7. Take action with LIVESTRONG.Find out what’s already going on in your area or find out how to organize your own event to raise funds for LIVESTRONG. Visit www.livestrong.org/takeaction.
8. Donate to LIVESTRONG.A donation to LIVESTRONG can help raise awareness and provide essential support to people affected by cancer. Make an online donation or explore other ways to give at www.livestrong.org/donate.
9. Follow Lance on Twitter @lancearmstrong.
10. Follow LIVESTRONG CEO and President, Doug Ulman, on Twitter @dougulman.
11. Follow LIVESTRONG on Twitter @livestrong.
12. Join LIVESTRONG on Facebook - www.facebook.com/livestrong
13. Share your story using #whyilivestrong.
14. Show your support for LIVESTRONG on World Cancer Day, Feb. 4, 2012.
15. Get a check-up. Go to your doctor for routine cancer screenings.
Built with a proprietary new fit system, the PhantomVSN boot launches July 18.
Built with a proprietary new fit system, the PhantomVSN b...
The 2018 home and away kits for the Argentinian club release July 21.
The 2018 home and away kits for the Argentinian club rele...
The new 2018/19 Chelsea away kit will be worn for the first time on July 28.
The new 2018/19 Chelsea away kit will be worn for the fir...
The Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 35 FlyEase releases July 18 on nike.com.
Russell Wilson's first lifestyle signature shoe is available for...
Limited quantities of the Nike Golf Tour Premiere PE will be available...
Cristiano Ronaldo's China-exclusive collection carries an exclusive new logo and features the Mercurial Superfly and all-new Nike React-equipped Nike FC CR7 for play on and off-pitch.
Cristiano Ronaldo's China-exclusive collection carries an...
The kit is available July 19.
The new 2018/19 Tottenham Hotspur collection is available on nike.com.
The new 2018/19 Tottenham Hotspur collection is available...
The Windy City creative, born Julian Victor LaMarr Gaines, delivers a fresh perspective on two classic sneakers, the Nike Sky Force and Nike Air Vortex, as well as a series of creative programs for local kids.
The Windy City creative, born Julian Victor LaMarr Gaines...
The NikeCourt Air Zoom Zero is the first tennis shoe to feature a full-length articulated Zoom bag. It releases on July 19.
The NikeCourt Air Zoom Zero is the first tennis shoe to f...
France's title caps a brilliant summer for Nike Football in which three of the four semifinalists wore Nike kits and players wearing Nike boots led the goal scoring.
France's title caps a brilliant summer for Nike Football ...
The Nike App at Retail brings a new level of service to your Nike store and transforms your phone into the ultimate shopping companion.
The Nike App at Retail brings a new level of service to y...
Nike by Melrose is the first Nike Live concept store, built for and inspired by LA-based NikePlus members. More neighborhood-specific locations will open in other cities around the globe, including Tokyo, next spring and beyond.
Nike by Melrose is the first Nike Live concept store, bui...
The union realized two Air Jordan silhouettes — the AJI Zip AWOK and the AJIII AWOK. The AJI Zip AWOK will be available July 21 and the AJIII AWOK will be available September 7.
The union realized two Air Jordan silhouettes — the AJI Z...