Nike celebrates 15 years by encouraging you to LIVESTRONG.
On Oct. 2, 1996, Lance Armstrong was diagnosed with advanced testicular cancer. On Jan. 8, 1997, he decided to engage others in his fight against the disease by starting the Lance Armstrong Foundation. By 1999 he was back on the bike and went on to claim a record seven Tour De France victories while raising awareness and hope for millions of people whose lives have been impacted by cancer.
Today Lance’s foundation is known the world over as LIVESTRONG. For 28 million people around the world living with cancer today it is a symbol of inspiration, help and community. Nike is proud to be a long-time supporter of Lance Armstrong and LIVESTRONG.
Nike’s commitment to Lance as an athlete and advocate began in 1996. Our partnership continues to grow as we work together to help expand his message of hope to LIVESTRONG supporters around the world with the Nike LIVESTRONG collection.
15 ways to LIVESTRONG:
1. Support LIVESTRONG by purchasing a wristband for $1.In 2004, Nike launched the LIVESTRONG yellow wristband to help raise awareness and funds for LIVESTRONG. The wristband became a global phenomenon, with Lance and other athletes, celebrities and individuals from all walks of life joining what LIVESTRONG CEO and President Doug Ulman calls “the democratization of philanthropy.”
2. Wear the LIVESTRONG Collection.Nike created the LIVESTRONG collection of training apparel, footwear and accessories in 2008. Rooted in performance and style, the collection has grown tremendously since the iconic yellow LIVESTRONG wristband debuted in 2004. To date more than 84 million wristbands have been distributed and $100 million raised for the cause. Nike’s LIVESTRONG collection is available at www.nikestore.com and select retailers around the world.
3. Learn from LIVESTRONG.Visit www.livestrong.org to learn about the disease, what you can do to support and help others living with cancer, and how Lance’s fight inspired him to begin LIVESTRONG.
4. Seek help from LIVESTRONG.LIVESTRONG provides free, confidential, one-on-one support to anyone affected by cancer. Visit www.livestrong.org/gethelp.
5. Train for LIVESTRONG.Amplify your training with the team LIVESTRONG feature on the Nike Boom app. Lance will motivate you as you train to meet your fundraising goals and you can spread the word through your social networks.
6. Compete for LIVESTRONG.Visit www.livestrong.org/team and sign up to run, walk or bike in a team LIVESTRONG event happening across the country.
7. Take action with LIVESTRONG.Find out what’s already going on in your area or find out how to organize your own event to raise funds for LIVESTRONG. Visit www.livestrong.org/takeaction.
8. Donate to LIVESTRONG.A donation to LIVESTRONG can help raise awareness and provide essential support to people affected by cancer. Make an online donation or explore other ways to give at www.livestrong.org/donate.
9. Follow Lance on Twitter @lancearmstrong.
10. Follow LIVESTRONG CEO and President, Doug Ulman, on Twitter @dougulman.
11. Follow LIVESTRONG on Twitter @livestrong.
12. Join LIVESTRONG on Facebook - www.facebook.com/livestrong
13. Share your story using #whyilivestrong.
14. Show your support for LIVESTRONG on World Cancer Day, Feb. 4, 2012.
15. Get a check-up. Go to your doctor for routine cancer screenings.
The One Star Hotel is located at 155 New N Rd Hoxton, London N1 6TA and will be open February 16 and 17 from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. to late.
The One Star Hotel is located at 155 New N Rd Hoxton, Lon...
This game-changing evolution of Nike Flyknit construction - that debuts today on the Mercurial Superfly 360 and Mercurial Vapor 360 - offers a more precise fit that enables ultimate agility and quickness.
This game-changing evolution of Nike Flyknit construction...
Following the unveil of the first-ever Jordan Brand NBA All-Star Edition uniforms, the brand will welcome a new generation to experience greatness during basketball’s mid-season spectacular.
Following the unveil of the first-ever Jordan Brand NBA A...
These two new colorways will be available February 14 on nike.com and at...
Musician Justin Timberlake collaborated with Nike designer Tinker...
It launches February 10 on SNKRS and at select retailers.
Many of London's top sports heroes - including Mo Farah and Harry Kane - and artists, as well as 258 real-life young Londoners, make an appearance in Nike's latest film, Nothing Beats a Londoner, that puts a spotlight on the city's vibrant youth culture and inclusive sports community.
Many of London's top sports heroes - including Mo Farah a...
Special athlete and collaborator apparel and footwear makeups will be available on nike.com and at select retailers beginning February 15.
Special athlete and collaborator apparel and footwear mak...
The Italian designer’s latest NikeLab collection offers a new take on the Air Force 1 and basketball inspired garments, including a jersey, jersey dress and pullover hoodie. The new Nike x RT collection will be available February 16.
The Italian designer’s latest NikeLab collection offers a...
For the 20th anniversary of the Mercurial, Nike debuts a new 360 fit on its best boot yet. Mercurial 360 will debut on pitch this weekend and will be available February 14 on nike.com.
For the 20th anniversary of the Mercurial, Nike debuts a ...
The 20-year NBA veteran settles into his retirement by pushing his signature line forward for the next generation of basketball greats. The new shoe will be available February 17 on nike.com and select Nike retailers.
The 20-year NBA veteran settles into his retirement by pu...
The Nike Mercurial Touch Elite gloves reduce the bulk and stiffness of traditional mitts to unleash the ultimate potential of a goalkeeper's hands.
The Nike Mercurial Touch Elite gloves reduce the bulk and...
The new shin guards feature small spikes on top of the face of the guard that safely pierce the sock, locking it into place. The game-changing design will be available Fall 2018.
The new shin guards feature small spikes on top of the fa...
The Nike Merlin football for the 2018-2019 season incorporates advanced design, materials and construction. It will be available Summer 2018.
The Nike Merlin football for the 2018-2019 season incorpo...
Jersey Shop is Nike’s new mobile-first, go-to store for the best soccer kits. It also invites creative communities to get involved in facilitating the design, manufacture and sale of the shop's shirts.
Jersey Shop is Nike’s new mobile-first, go-to store for t...