Nike celebrates 15 years by encouraging you to LIVESTRONG.
On Oct. 2, 1996, Lance Armstrong was diagnosed with advanced testicular cancer. On Jan. 8, 1997, he decided to engage others in his fight against the disease by starting the Lance Armstrong Foundation. By 1999 he was back on the bike and went on to claim a record seven Tour De France victories while raising awareness and hope for millions of people whose lives have been impacted by cancer.
Today Lance’s foundation is known the world over as LIVESTRONG. For 28 million people around the world living with cancer today it is a symbol of inspiration, help and community. Nike is proud to be a long-time supporter of Lance Armstrong and LIVESTRONG.
Nike’s commitment to Lance as an athlete and advocate began in 1996. Our partnership continues to grow as we work together to help expand his message of hope to LIVESTRONG supporters around the world with the Nike LIVESTRONG collection.
15 ways to LIVESTRONG:
1. Support LIVESTRONG by purchasing a wristband for $1.In 2004, Nike launched the LIVESTRONG yellow wristband to help raise awareness and funds for LIVESTRONG. The wristband became a global phenomenon, with Lance and other athletes, celebrities and individuals from all walks of life joining what LIVESTRONG CEO and President Doug Ulman calls “the democratization of philanthropy.”
2. Wear the LIVESTRONG Collection.Nike created the LIVESTRONG collection of training apparel, footwear and accessories in 2008. Rooted in performance and style, the collection has grown tremendously since the iconic yellow LIVESTRONG wristband debuted in 2004. To date more than 84 million wristbands have been distributed and $100 million raised for the cause. Nike’s LIVESTRONG collection is available at www.nikestore.com and select retailers around the world.
3. Learn from LIVESTRONG.Visit www.livestrong.org to learn about the disease, what you can do to support and help others living with cancer, and how Lance’s fight inspired him to begin LIVESTRONG.
4. Seek help from LIVESTRONG.LIVESTRONG provides free, confidential, one-on-one support to anyone affected by cancer. Visit www.livestrong.org/gethelp.
5. Train for LIVESTRONG.Amplify your training with the team LIVESTRONG feature on the Nike Boom app. Lance will motivate you as you train to meet your fundraising goals and you can spread the word through your social networks.
6. Compete for LIVESTRONG.Visit www.livestrong.org/team and sign up to run, walk or bike in a team LIVESTRONG event happening across the country.
7. Take action with LIVESTRONG.Find out what’s already going on in your area or find out how to organize your own event to raise funds for LIVESTRONG. Visit www.livestrong.org/takeaction.
8. Donate to LIVESTRONG.A donation to LIVESTRONG can help raise awareness and provide essential support to people affected by cancer. Make an online donation or explore other ways to give at www.livestrong.org/donate.
9. Follow Lance on Twitter @lancearmstrong.
10. Follow LIVESTRONG CEO and President, Doug Ulman, on Twitter @dougulman.
11. Follow LIVESTRONG on Twitter @livestrong.
12. Join LIVESTRONG on Facebook - www.facebook.com/livestrong
13. Share your story using #whyilivestrong.
14. Show your support for LIVESTRONG on World Cancer Day, Feb. 4, 2012.
15. Get a check-up. Go to your doctor for routine cancer screenings.
From 1996-2018, Nike’s designs for the most iconic uniform in sport: the Brasil national team kit.
From 1996-2018, Nike’s designs for the most iconic unifor...
Star striker Robert Lewandowski leads a potent Polish side in this summer's tournament. The Polish Football Federation’s 2018 collection draws inspiration from its Eagle crest and the dynamism of its goal-scoring.
Star striker Robert Lewandowski leads a potent Polish sid...
The veteran guard shares how he’s refined his signature shoe to deliver on enabling what his game is all about: aggressive quickness, agile stop-and-go cuts and intelligent drives. The CP3.XI will be will be available in April on jordan.com and at select retail stores.
The veteran guard shares how he’s refined his signature s...
Debuted tonight by DeMar DeRozan.
The new silhouette combines flexibility and durability in a way training...
It releases March 10 exclusively on nike.com.kr and at the Jordan...
The Croatia Football Association’s traditional checkerboard design is an icon of contemporary football. For 2018, the perennial dark horse is given an oversized update.
The Croatia Football Association’s traditional checkerboa...
The Polish artist, renowned for his editorial and fashion illustration, brings fresh perspective to the league’s franchises. His recast designs appear on a selection of T-shirts launching March 19 exclusively through Nike Connected NBA jerseys.
The Polish artist, renowned for his editorial and fashion...
The 2018 Korea National Football Team kits will debut at the upcoming warm-up match on March 24.
The 2018 Korea National Football Team kits will debut at ...
The country’s energetic football culture, born on the streets and passed through generations of idols, inspired the 2018 Brasil National Team collection.
The country’s energetic football culture, born on the str...
The team will wear the new look through the next full cycle of international tournament qualification.
The team will wear the new look through the next full cyc...
The latest installment of Cristiano Ronaldo’s “Chapter” series highlights his captaincy of the Portugal National Team.
The latest installment of Cristiano Ronaldo’s “Chapter” s...
The Portugal home kit will be available March 23 on Nike.com, the away kit will be available April 26.
The Portugal home kit will be available March 23 on Nike....
Trevor Edwards, Nike Brand President, to retire from Nike.
Get a first look at the latest LeBron 15 PE, which is one of five styles that will be revealed throughout the season as part of Nike's LeBron Watch program that will be made available to Nike members for purchase at tonight's tipoff via the Nike SNKRS app.
Get a first look at the latest LeBron 15 PE, which is one...