Today, Apple® and Nike introduced Apple Watch® Nike+, the latest result of a long-standing partnership.
Apple Watch Nike+ is the ultimate tool for anyone who runs, pairing exclusive Nike Sport Bands with Apple Watch Series 2, which features GPS, a two-times-brighter display, water resistance 50 meters*, a powerful dual-core processor and watchOS® 3.
Apple Watch Nike+ also includes exclusive Siri® commands and iconic Nike watch faces along with deep integration with the new Nike+ Run Club app for unrivaled motivation to go for a run, coaching plans that adapt to your unique schedule and progress, and guidance from the world’s best coaches and athletes. Apple Watch Nike+ is the ultimate companion for those with a passion for running, whether they’re emerging runners or marathon veterans.
“Apple Watch is the ultimate device for a healthy life and we wanted to push it further to create the best smartwatch in the world for runners and athletes,” said Jeff Williams, Apple’s chief operating officer. “Apple Watch Nike+ takes performance tracking to a whole new level and we can’t wait to bring it to the world’s largest community of runners.”
“We know runners – and we know many are looking for a device that gives them an easy, fun way to start running,” said Trevor Edwards, president of the Nike Brand. “The market is full of complex, hard-to-read devices that focus on your data. This focuses on your life. It’s a powerful device with a simple solution – your perfect running partner.”
Apple Watch Nike+, like all Apple Watch Series 2 models, features built-in GPS to track pace, distance and route, so users can run without an iPhone®. With the brightest display Apple has ever made, metrics are easy to read, no matter the sun’s glare, and if users decide to take a post-run dip in the pool, Apple Watch Nike+ is water resistant 50 meters, for swimming.
The Nike Sport band is crafted from the same strong, flexible fluoroelastomer as the original Apple Watch Sport™ Band, but now it’s perforated for even better ventilation and sweat management. The lightweight band is available in four vibrant, two-tone color combinations that are unique to the collection. Apple Watch Nike+ features two exclusive watch faces inspired by Nike’s iconic style that can be easily personalized with useful apps like Activity Rings, Heart Rate, Stopwatch and Weather, helping runners stay informed at a glance.
Nike+ Run Club
Apple Watch Nike+ takes advantage of the unique capabilities of Apple Watch Series 2 and the Nike+ Run Club app to be the perfect running partner on your wrist. The app experience is seamlessly built into Apple Watch Nike+ and easily accessed right from the watch face, so users can get going with a quick tap. The Nike+ Run Club app offers daily motivation through smart run reminders, challenges from friends and even alerts informing when the weather is right to get outside. Training data, including pace, distance and heart rate are available at a glance, and through shared run summaries, the app promotes friendly competition, even allowing users to send fist bumps to each other right from the wrist.
Pricing & Availability
• Apple Watch Nike+ will be available in two different aluminum case sizes, 38 mm and 42 mm and pairs with four exclusive Nike Sport Band color combinations including Black/Volt, Black/Cool Gray, Flat Silver/White and Flat Silver/Volt.
• Apple Watch Nike+ will be available in 38 mm at $369 (US) and in 42mm at $399 (US) from Apple.com, Nike.com, Apple Stores, select Nike retail stores, select Apple Authorized Resellers and select specialty stores and department stores.
• Apple Watch Nike+ will be available to order on Apple.com beginning Friday, September 9, with availability in late October, in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong,Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UAE, the UK and the US.
• Apple Watch Nike+ will be available to order on Apple.com beginning Friday, September 23, with availability in late October, Apple Watch Nike+ will be available to order on Apple.com beginning Friday, September 23, with availability in late October, in Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Russia.
• Apple Watch Nike+ will also be available in late October in Costa Rica, Greece, India, Israel, Macau, Mexico, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.
• Nike Sport Bands are available exclusively with Apple Watch Nike+ models and not sold separately.
• Apple Watch Series 2 requires iPhone 5 or later running iOS 10 or later. watchOS 3 and iOS 10 will be available beginning Tuesday, September 13 as a free software update. Some features are not available in all regions or all languages.
• Every customer who buys Apple Watch Nike+ from Apple will be offered free Personal Setup, in-store or online,** to help set up and personalize their new Apple Watch with calendars, notifications, apps and more.
• Anyone who wants to learn more about Apple Watch Nike+ or watchOS 3 can register for the free workshops offered at every Apple Store®.
*Apple Watch Series 2 has a water resistance rating of 50 meters under ISO standard 22810:2010. This means that it may be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean. However, Apple Watch Series 2 should not be used for scuba diving, waterskiing or other activities involving high-velocity water or submersion below shallow depth. Stainless steel and leather bands are not water resistant.
**In most countries.
The One Star Hotel is located at 155 New N Rd Hoxton, London N1 6TA and will be open February 16 and 17 from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. to late.
The One Star Hotel is located at 155 New N Rd Hoxton, Lon...
Several performance updates hit the new Nike Free TR Flyknit 3 Women's Training shoe. The versatile trainer will be available March 1 on nike.com and at select retailers.
Several performance updates hit the new Nike Free TR Flyk...
Following the unveil of the first-ever Jordan Brand NBA All-Star Edition uniforms, the brand will welcome a new generation to experience greatness during basketball’s mid-season spectacular.
Following the unveil of the first-ever Jordan Brand NBA A...
It will be available February 24 on nike.com and at select retailers.
The fourth edition of the limited Nike Metcon 4 Invictus will be...
These two new colorways will be available February 14 on nike.com and at...
Many of London's top sports heroes - including Mo Farah and Harry Kane - and artists, as well as 258 real-life young Londoners, make an appearance in Nike's latest film, Nothing Beats a Londoner, that puts a spotlight on the city's vibrant youth culture and inclusive sports community.
Many of London's top sports heroes - including Mo Farah a...
Special athlete and collaborator apparel and footwear makeups will be available on nike.com and at select retailers beginning February 15.
Special athlete and collaborator apparel and footwear mak...
The Italian designer’s latest NikeLab collection offers a new take on the Air Force 1 and basketball inspired garments, including a jersey, jersey dress and pullover hoodie. The new Nike x RT collection will be available February 16.
The Italian designer’s latest NikeLab collection offers a...
This game-changing evolution of Nike Flyknit construction - that debuts today on the Mercurial Superfly 360 and Mercurial Vapor 360 - offers a more precise fit that enables ultimate agility and quickness.
This game-changing evolution of Nike Flyknit construction...
For the 20th anniversary of the Mercurial, Nike debuts a new 360 fit on its best boot yet. Mercurial 360 will debut on pitch this weekend and will be available February 14 on nike.com.
For the 20th anniversary of the Mercurial, Nike debuts a ...
The 20-year NBA veteran settles into his retirement by pushing his signature line forward for the next generation of basketball greats. The new shoe will be available February 17 on nike.com and select Nike retailers.
The 20-year NBA veteran settles into his retirement by pu...
The Nike Mercurial Touch Elite gloves reduce the bulk and stiffness of traditional mitts to unleash the ultimate potential of a goalkeeper's hands.
The Nike Mercurial Touch Elite gloves reduce the bulk and...
The new shin guards feature small spikes on top of the face of the guard that safely pierce the sock, locking it into place. The game-changing design will be available Fall 2018.
The new shin guards feature small spikes on top of the fa...
The Nike Merlin football for the 2018-2019 season incorporates advanced design, materials and construction. It will be available Summer 2018.
The Nike Merlin football for the 2018-2019 season incorpo...