March 11, 2019 - Nike Women’s summer footwear offering covers a variety of platforms — from classics like the Air Force 1 to the future-forward Air Max 720. Sharp focus on sustainable manufacturing and unisex sizing results in meeting a range of preferences.
Georgina James, Senior Creative Director for Nike Women’s Footwear, shares her thoughts on five highlights from the collection:
- The Nike ZoomX Vista Grind builds off bold and exaggerated features around the midsole.
- The Nike Air Max FF720 takes one of our key innovation platforms, the 720 Air Max bag, and gives it women’s-specific stance with a new upper design, midsole and outsole.
- The Nike VaporMax 2 Random is our big sustainability stand. The VaporMax is a shoe that our female consumer resonates with, so the fact that the Air-Sole is 75 percent recycled is a double-win.
- The Nike Air Max Box takes our Air Max 270 platform and creates a shoe that gives the wearer comfort and stability for boxing workouts.
- The Nike Air VaporMax Flyknit 2 LXX Swarovski is a show-stopper. The fact that we’ve had people inquire about wearing it during awards shows is an example of how this shoe is moving sneaker culture forward.
For the entire lineup of footwear, download the hi-res images here.
The shoes will be available through summer 2019.
April 15, 2016 - The KYRIE 2 Crossover celebrates Irving’s signature move, which leaves defenders hypnotized. The shoe features distorted copy on the heels, varying from left to right, a metaphor for Irving’s deceptive crossover.
Irving will wear the shoe in the playoffs, and limited pairs will be available for sale beginning May 14.
April 09, 2016 - The Nike Flyknit Racer returns in an Indigo colorway, inspired by the early morning glow of a sunrise run.
April 01, 2016 - The Nike FI Premiere has a fully waterproof Flyweave upper, a flexible Nike-free inspired midsole and an outsole that uses Integrated Traction and four softspike cleats to provide the perfect on-course fit.
March 30, 2016 - The lightweight, formfitting NikeCourt Air Zoom Ultrafly has a disruptive silhouette that borrows inspiration from American football, global football and track and field footwear.
The NikeCourt Air Zoom Ultrafly is available April 4 at Nike.com in an all-volt colorway for both hard and clay court surfaces.
March 29, 2016 - Inspired by the Nike Air Force 1, the Nike LunarForce 1 G combines full-length Lunarlon cushioning with a waterproof leather upper and integrated traction using classic Nike Waffle lugs.
The Nike LunarForce 1 G is available April 1 on Nike.com.
March 29, 2016 - The print on the new KD8 young athletes' basketball shoe is inspired by the All-Star's favorite childhood snack.
March 28, 2016 - Last year Nike released the Air Max Zero, Tinker Hatfield's original Air Max design, which eventually became the Nike Air Max 1. Though the idea for the shoe was put to paper 29 years ago, its first real-life manifestation incorporated nearly three decades of Nike Air innovation. It may not have been the first Nike Air Max, but without it, the Nike Air Max 1 would not exist.
The Nike Air Max Zero Ultra returns March 28 in yellow with lightweight Ultra tooling at Nike.com.
March 26, 2016 - The Flyknit Racer is now available in the Fire and Ice colorway, inspired by the two keys to post-run recovery.