December 22, 2020 - The Nike SB Dunk Low Street Hawker, designed by Guangzhou artist Jason Deng, gives big props to the bonding effect food culture has in China. Above, a watercolor painting from Deng shows the design inspiration: six regional dishes from six Chinese cities, combined with a slew of other, subtly-incorporated nods to Chinese cuisine.
Here are 22 things you should know about the Street Hawker Dunk.
1. The left shoe uses a lighter beige for three flour-based dishes.
2. The suede toebox mimics the color and texture of green bean soup (Douzhi) from Beijing.
3. Donut (Jiaoquan) patterns on the forefoot pair with the green bean soup.
4. Embossed suede on the lateral side shows shredded pita bread pieces for a traditional Xi'an dish: pita bread soaked in mutton soup.
5. That mutton soup is represented in water-color patterns across the lateral side.
6. The Swoosh is depicted in a wood-grain texture to represent chopsticks.
7. On the lateral heel, water-color fading looks like Shanghai plain noodles, also called Yangchun noodles.
8. An embroidered 10-cent copper coin appears on the lateral heel, hinting at Yangchun noodles.
9. The left insole resembles a blue sky, inspired by traditional Chinese slang implying that people treat food as their heaven.
10. The blue lining of the left midsole mimics the blue-and-white of fine porcelain bowls.
11. The right shoe features hotter colors to represent different heats, from spicy to sweet.
12. The metallic color on the right toebox is pulled from Chengdu hotpots in which dishes are cooked.
13. Boiling chili-oil treatments bubble around the toebox.
14. Ostrich leather on the lateral side is inspired by the crispy roasted goose skin that’s famous in Guangzhou.
15. The silver Swoosh resembles the metal hook used to hang the roast goose.
16. The flame and Lychee wood used to roast the goose appears in a watercolor pattern around the eyelits.
17. Shaved ice and taro balls — a common Taipei dessert — can be found on the heel counter.
18. The insole paints the scene of a bench terrace, a landscaping method used to grow rice paddies.
19. The collar lining reflects the color of meat dishes.
20. The yellow outsole represents cooking oils.
21. Heel tabs feature Chinese calligraphy for “food” in black and white thread.
22. Four colors of laces are inspired by four essential seasonings in Chinese cuisine: green (shallots), yellow (ginger), white (garlic) and black (black pepper).
The shoe releases January 13 on SNKRS.
April 20, 2016 - Jordan athlete Chris Paul is playing in these player exclusive Jordan CP3.XIX AE shoes during the playoffs.
April 20, 2016 - The Charlotte Hornets are playing in these player exclusive Jordan Ultra.Fly shoes during the playoffs.
April 20, 2016 - Jordan athlete Frank Kaminsky is playing in these player exclusive Air Jordan XXX shoes during the playoffs.
April 15, 2016 - The KYRIE 2 Crossover celebrates Irving’s signature move, which leaves defenders hypnotized. The shoe features distorted copy on the heels, varying from left to right, a metaphor for Irving’s deceptive crossover.
Irving will wear the shoe in the playoffs, and limited pairs will be available for sale beginning May 14.
April 09, 2016 - The Nike Flyknit Racer returns in an Indigo colorway, inspired by the early morning glow of a sunrise run.
April 01, 2016 - The Nike FI Premiere has a fully waterproof Flyweave upper, a flexible Nike-free inspired midsole and an outsole that uses Integrated Traction and four softspike cleats to provide the perfect on-course fit.
March 30, 2016 - The lightweight, formfitting NikeCourt Air Zoom Ultrafly has a disruptive silhouette that borrows inspiration from American football, global football and track and field footwear.
The NikeCourt Air Zoom Ultrafly is available April 4 at Nike.com in an all-volt colorway for both hard and clay court surfaces.
March 29, 2016 - Inspired by the Nike Air Force 1, the Nike LunarForce 1 G combines full-length Lunarlon cushioning with a waterproof leather upper and integrated traction using classic Nike Waffle lugs.
The Nike LunarForce 1 G is available April 1 on Nike.com.
March 29, 2016 - The print on the new KD8 young athletes' basketball shoe is inspired by the All-Star's favorite childhood snack.