Nike celebrates 15 years by encouraging you to LIVESTRONG.
On Oct. 2, 1996, Lance Armstrong was diagnosed with advanced testicular cancer. On Jan. 8, 1997, he decided to engage others in his fight against the disease by starting the Lance Armstrong Foundation. By 1999 he was back on the bike and went on to claim a record seven Tour De France victories while raising awareness and hope for millions of people whose lives have been impacted by cancer.
Today Lance’s foundation is known the world over as LIVESTRONG. For 28 million people around the world living with cancer today it is a symbol of inspiration, help and community. Nike is proud to be a long-time supporter of Lance Armstrong and LIVESTRONG.
Nike’s commitment to Lance as an athlete and advocate began in 1996. Our partnership continues to grow as we work together to help expand his message of hope to LIVESTRONG supporters around the world with the Nike LIVESTRONG collection.
15 ways to LIVESTRONG:
1. Support LIVESTRONG by purchasing a wristband for $1.In 2004, Nike launched the LIVESTRONG yellow wristband to help raise awareness and funds for LIVESTRONG. The wristband became a global phenomenon, with Lance and other athletes, celebrities and individuals from all walks of life joining what LIVESTRONG CEO and President Doug Ulman calls “the democratization of philanthropy.”
2. Wear the LIVESTRONG Collection.Nike created the LIVESTRONG collection of training apparel, footwear and accessories in 2008. Rooted in performance and style, the collection has grown tremendously since the iconic yellow LIVESTRONG wristband debuted in 2004. To date more than 84 million wristbands have been distributed and $100 million raised for the cause. Nike’s LIVESTRONG collection is available at www.nikestore.com and select retailers around the world.
3. Learn from LIVESTRONG.Visit www.livestrong.org to learn about the disease, what you can do to support and help others living with cancer, and how Lance’s fight inspired him to begin LIVESTRONG.
4. Seek help from LIVESTRONG.LIVESTRONG provides free, confidential, one-on-one support to anyone affected by cancer. Visit www.livestrong.org/gethelp.
5. Train for LIVESTRONG.Amplify your training with the team LIVESTRONG feature on the Nike Boom app. Lance will motivate you as you train to meet your fundraising goals and you can spread the word through your social networks.
6. Compete for LIVESTRONG.Visit www.livestrong.org/team and sign up to run, walk or bike in a team LIVESTRONG event happening across the country.
7. Take action with LIVESTRONG.Find out what’s already going on in your area or find out how to organize your own event to raise funds for LIVESTRONG. Visit www.livestrong.org/takeaction.
8. Donate to LIVESTRONG.A donation to LIVESTRONG can help raise awareness and provide essential support to people affected by cancer. Make an online donation or explore other ways to give at www.livestrong.org/donate.
9. Follow Lance on Twitter @lancearmstrong.
10. Follow LIVESTRONG CEO and President, Doug Ulman, on Twitter @dougulman.
11. Follow LIVESTRONG on Twitter @livestrong.
12. Join LIVESTRONG on Facebook - www.facebook.com/livestrong
13. Share your story using #whyilivestrong.
14. Show your support for LIVESTRONG on World Cancer Day, Feb. 4, 2012.
15. Get a check-up. Go to your doctor for routine cancer screenings.
The NikeLab Zoom Fly SP is available starting June 8 on Nike+, nike.com/nikelab and at select retailers.
The NikeLab Zoom Fly SP is available starting June 8 on N...
Nike is proud to celebrate the LGBTQ community with this year’s BETRUE collection.
Nike is proud to celebrate the LGBTQ community with this ...
The new AS Roma Home kit will be on sale from May 25 on nike.com, the asromastore.com and via selected retailers. The players will wear the new home kit on May 28 for the last match of the season.
The new AS Roma Home kit will be on sale from May 25 on n...
The white "Court General" colorway is available globally starting June...
It's available in key cities starting June 1 on Nike+, nike.com/nikelab...
It's available in key cities starting June 1 on Nike+, SNKRS,...
The new Inter Milan home kit will be available May 25 via nike.com, store.inter.it and official retailers. It will be worn on pitch for the final game of the season, May 28.
The new Inter Milan home kit will be available May 25 via...
The new women's shoe collection is available June 1 via the SNKRS App and at retailers worldwide.
The new women's shoe collection is available June 1 via t...
Three powerful women reflect on how the iconic shoe has impacted their lives.
Three powerful women reflect on how the iconic shoe has i...
The new PSG home kit for 2017-2018 allies cutting-edge Aeroswift technology with a contemporary aesthetic, reinterpreting the club’s heritage alongside a fresh application of its signature red, white and blue palette.
The new PSG home kit for 2017-2018 allies cutting-edge Ae...
After its pop-up during the 2016 NBA All-Star Weekend, Jordan Brand opens up a permanent space in Toronto.
After its pop-up during the 2016 NBA All-Star Weekend, Jo...
A Letter From Nike's Founder, Phillip H. Knight and Chairman, President and CEO, Mark G. Parker.
A Letter From Nike's Founder, Phillip H. Knight and Chair...
The AJ II "Decon" keeps its 1986 roots but trades leather for three rich shades of premium suede.
The AJ II "Decon" keeps its 1986 roots but trades leather...
The four new Nike Sport Bands are available starting June 1.
The boots will be worn on pitch June 3rd and are available at retail May 25.
The boots will be worn on pitch June 3rd and are availabl...