Nike celebrates 15 years by encouraging you to LIVESTRONG.
On Oct. 2, 1996, Lance Armstrong was diagnosed with advanced testicular cancer. On Jan. 8, 1997, he decided to engage others in his fight against the disease by starting the Lance Armstrong Foundation. By 1999 he was back on the bike and went on to claim a record seven Tour De France victories while raising awareness and hope for millions of people whose lives have been impacted by cancer.
Today Lance’s foundation is known the world over as LIVESTRONG. For 28 million people around the world living with cancer today it is a symbol of inspiration, help and community. Nike is proud to be a long-time supporter of Lance Armstrong and LIVESTRONG.
Nike’s commitment to Lance as an athlete and advocate began in 1996. Our partnership continues to grow as we work together to help expand his message of hope to LIVESTRONG supporters around the world with the Nike LIVESTRONG collection.
15 ways to LIVESTRONG:
1. Support LIVESTRONG by purchasing a wristband for $1.In 2004, Nike launched the LIVESTRONG yellow wristband to help raise awareness and funds for LIVESTRONG. The wristband became a global phenomenon, with Lance and other athletes, celebrities and individuals from all walks of life joining what LIVESTRONG CEO and President Doug Ulman calls “the democratization of philanthropy.”
2. Wear the LIVESTRONG Collection.Nike created the LIVESTRONG collection of training apparel, footwear and accessories in 2008. Rooted in performance and style, the collection has grown tremendously since the iconic yellow LIVESTRONG wristband debuted in 2004. To date more than 84 million wristbands have been distributed and $100 million raised for the cause. Nike’s LIVESTRONG collection is available at www.nikestore.com and select retailers around the world.
3. Learn from LIVESTRONG.Visit www.livestrong.org to learn about the disease, what you can do to support and help others living with cancer, and how Lance’s fight inspired him to begin LIVESTRONG.
4. Seek help from LIVESTRONG.LIVESTRONG provides free, confidential, one-on-one support to anyone affected by cancer. Visit www.livestrong.org/gethelp.
5. Train for LIVESTRONG.Amplify your training with the team LIVESTRONG feature on the Nike Boom app. Lance will motivate you as you train to meet your fundraising goals and you can spread the word through your social networks.
6. Compete for LIVESTRONG.Visit www.livestrong.org/team and sign up to run, walk or bike in a team LIVESTRONG event happening across the country.
7. Take action with LIVESTRONG.Find out what’s already going on in your area or find out how to organize your own event to raise funds for LIVESTRONG. Visit www.livestrong.org/takeaction.
8. Donate to LIVESTRONG.A donation to LIVESTRONG can help raise awareness and provide essential support to people affected by cancer. Make an online donation or explore other ways to give at www.livestrong.org/donate.
9. Follow Lance on Twitter @lancearmstrong.
10. Follow LIVESTRONG CEO and President, Doug Ulman, on Twitter @dougulman.
11. Follow LIVESTRONG on Twitter @livestrong.
12. Join LIVESTRONG on Facebook - www.facebook.com/livestrong
13. Share your story using #whyilivestrong.
14. Show your support for LIVESTRONG on World Cancer Day, Feb. 4, 2012.
15. Get a check-up. Go to your doctor for routine cancer screenings.
Tinker and Tobie’s only collaborative Nike design to date focuses attention on their favorite sport: the pole vault.
Tinker and Tobie’s only collaborative Nike design to date...
The latest addition to Jordan Brand’s storied legacy of performance and style arrives globally September 3.
The latest addition to Jordan Brand’s storied legacy of p...
The Paris Saint-Germain away kit will be available July 27 at Nike.com and official Paris Saint-Germain retailers.
The Paris Saint-Germain away kit will be available July 2...
The Converse Cons One Star Pro Suede delivers the durability and impact...
The Nike Metcon 2 training shoe now comes in the Amp-X colorway,...
The Nike Metcon 2 LTD celebrates the world’s fittest in Carson, California.
Nike celebrates a summer of sport with its “Unlimited Campaign," which encourages all athletes to embrace an “unlimited” mindset.
Nike celebrates a summer of sport with its “Unlimited Cam...
Nike unveils Athlete Bags for members of the US Olympic Committee and Comitê Olímpico do Brasil, with footwear and apparel customized to each national team.
Nike unveils Athlete Bags for members of the US Olympic C...
The 2016 MVP details the technique behind her infamous jump shot.
The 2016 MVP details the technique behind her infamous ju...
The Nike Air Max 1 Ultra Flyknit is available in men's and women's sizes and colorways starting July 21, 2016 via the SNKRS App and July 28, 2016 at global retailers.
The Nike Air Max 1 Ultra Flyknit is available in men's an...
Champion pole vaulter Fabiana Murer has trained her entire career for an action that takes just seconds to complete, but is filled with complexities.
Champion pole vaulter Fabiana Murer has trained her entir...
The Manchester City Away kit will be available starting August 4 from Nike.com.
The Manchester City Away kit will be available starting A...
Four years after securing gymnastic gold, Douglas returns to the mat, employing a potent physical-psychological strategy to exceed expectations, namely her own.
Four years after securing gymnastic gold, Douglas returns...
Bryant energizes Europe's basketball community on multi-city Nike Basketball tour spanning the Netherlands and Italy.
Bryant energizes Europe's basketball community on multi-c...
NIKE, Inc. (NYSE: NKE) announced today that Steve Lesnard will become VP, GM of Global Running, succeeding Patrick Seehafer, who will become VP, Europe Merchandising.
NIKE, Inc. (NYSE: NKE) announced today that Steve Lesnard...