Forged by time, heat and pressure, the diamond inspires LeBron James' tenth Nike signature shoe.
LeBron James’ successful 2012 continues with the introduction of the LEBRON X shoe. Designed to the specifications of James, the shoe combines dynamic containment, protection and responsiveness tailored to one of the world’s most explosive players.
Inspired by the creation and beauty of a diamond, the metaphoric comparisons run parallel to James' career. Diamonds form between the Earth’s crust and super-heated core, where intensity changes the structure of carbon over time. Under extreme pressure and temperature, carbon then becomes diamonds.
Heat, time and pressure are three things James has faced, and they act as the shoe’s inspiration. Although a refined diamond is beautiful, it takes work to get there – it starts as a dull rock. Over time, it gains clarity and sharpens with multiple facets.
Each colorway of the LEBRON X has a unique story. The blue diamond colorway is symbolic of the blue tint diamonds gain from interaction with electricity, which can be paralleled to James' electric style of play. The cutting Jade colorway is inspired by the Chinese art of cutting jade using diamonds. The story continues throughout the season with multiple colorways linked to the diamond.
The LEBRON X+ is Nike’s first signature basketball shoe featuring Nike+ Basketball technology and is available in select colorways and in three versions: the fully loaded LEBRON X+ Sport Pack – which includes the shoe and the Nike+ Sport Kit, a Nike+ Basketball enabled version with NIKE+ technology embedded in the midsole, and a non-enabled version. The interactive experience allows users to track in-game activity with NIKE+ enabled shoes and later review, analyze, and share that information using the Nike+ Basketball app.
The technical benefits also include a lock-down fit, excellent cushioning on impact, and a lightweight feel. The very first full-length visible Nike Zoom unit, dynamic Flywire technology, Hyperfuse construction and Nike+ Basketball all bring the shoe to entirely new heights.
The shoe is now available globally.
LEBRON X Key Technical Details:
- Hyperfuse construction on the upper is a composite of lightweight synthetic materials and mesh that are fused together to create a nearly seamless, one-piece upper that is lightweight, breathable, supportive and durable
- Flywire technology is strong yet dynamic and lightweight, providing an adaptive fit and excellent lockdown through the midfoot
- Mesh tongue and a full inner sleeve provide breathability
- Molded diamond shapes on the tongue add comfort
- Asymmetrical collar is cut higher on the medial side for support and lower on the lateral side for enhanced flexibility and comfort
- Diamond inspired detailing on the upper celebrates the tenth anniversary of LeBron James’ partnership with Nike
- Full-length, visible Nike Zoom unit allows low-profile, maximum cushioning with a soft and responsive feel under the entire foot
- Lightweight Phylon midsole provides ultra-lightweight cushioning and comfort
- Solid rubber outsole provides durability and traction for a variety of surfaces
- A modified herringbone pattern enhances multidirectional traction
12 creatives offer new visions of Nike Air footwear for this year's Vote Forward.
12 creatives offer new visions of Nike Air footwear for t...
Nike’s Month of Air culminates on Air Max Day, March 26, with continued special in-store events and parties from Berlin to Shanghai.
Nike’s Month of Air culminates on Air Max Day, March 26, ...
Five students from Domus Academy, Central Saint Martins and Parsons School of Design explore the concept of walking on air.
Five students from Domus Academy, Central Saint Martins a...
The NikeLab Air Max 1 Royal is available March 26 in Greater China and April 13 globally.
The NikeLab Air Max 1 Royal is available March 26 in Grea...
The Nike Lunar Command 2 Boa features a Boa closure, a unique lacing...
This is a special Nike KYRIE 3 for Kyrie Irving.
Nike Basketball College iD lets you customize iconic sneaker silhouettes...
The NikeLab Air VaporMax x Marc Newson releases March 26.
The five shoe collection also includes the KYRIE 3, LEBRON 14, PG 1 and Kobe A.D. It launches March 24 at Nike.com and select retailers.
The five shoe collection also includes the KYRIE 3, LEBRO...
The collection celebrates two icons by incorporating the style and soul of Jordan Brand with the larger-than-life story of KAWS.
The collection celebrates two icons by incorporating the ...
Expanding the Nike Ease platform to improve ease-of-entry for performance footwear.
Expanding the Nike Ease platform to improve ease-of-entry...
The NIKEiD Flyknit Air Max 1 Ultra and Nike Air VaporMax offers are available for a limited time only on March 26 at nike.com and select events across the globe.
The NIKEiD Flyknit Air Max 1 Ultra and Nike Air VaporMax ...
The 2017 England away kit is available from nike.com starting March 22.
The 2017 England away kit is available from nike.com star...
The boots are available in cleated and NikeFootballX versions on Nike.com, and will be worn by professional players on pitch this week.
The boots are available in cleated and NikeFootballX vers...