Forged by time, heat and pressure, the diamond inspires LeBron James' tenth Nike signature shoe.
LeBron James’ successful 2012 continues with the introduction of the LEBRON X shoe. Designed to the specifications of James, the shoe combines dynamic containment, protection and responsiveness tailored to one of the world’s most explosive players.
Inspired by the creation and beauty of a diamond, the metaphoric comparisons run parallel to James' career. Diamonds form between the Earth’s crust and super-heated core, where intensity changes the structure of carbon over time. Under extreme pressure and temperature, carbon then becomes diamonds.
Heat, time and pressure are three things James has faced, and they act as the shoe’s inspiration. Although a refined diamond is beautiful, it takes work to get there – it starts as a dull rock. Over time, it gains clarity and sharpens with multiple facets.
Each colorway of the LEBRON X has a unique story. The blue diamond colorway is symbolic of the blue tint diamonds gain from interaction with electricity, which can be paralleled to James' electric style of play. The cutting Jade colorway is inspired by the Chinese art of cutting jade using diamonds. The story continues throughout the season with multiple colorways linked to the diamond.
The LEBRON X+ is Nike’s first signature basketball shoe featuring Nike+ Basketball technology and is available in select colorways and in three versions: the fully loaded LEBRON X+ Sport Pack – which includes the shoe and the Nike+ Sport Kit, a Nike+ Basketball enabled version with NIKE+ technology embedded in the midsole, and a non-enabled version. The interactive experience allows users to track in-game activity with NIKE+ enabled shoes and later review, analyze, and share that information using the Nike+ Basketball app.
The technical benefits also include a lock-down fit, excellent cushioning on impact, and a lightweight feel. The very first full-length visible Nike Zoom unit, dynamic Flywire technology, Hyperfuse construction and Nike+ Basketball all bring the shoe to entirely new heights.
The shoe is now available globally.
LEBRON X Key Technical Details:
- Hyperfuse construction on the upper is a composite of lightweight synthetic materials and mesh that are fused together to create a nearly seamless, one-piece upper that is lightweight, breathable, supportive and durable
- Flywire technology is strong yet dynamic and lightweight, providing an adaptive fit and excellent lockdown through the midfoot
- Mesh tongue and a full inner sleeve provide breathability
- Molded diamond shapes on the tongue add comfort
- Asymmetrical collar is cut higher on the medial side for support and lower on the lateral side for enhanced flexibility and comfort
- Diamond inspired detailing on the upper celebrates the tenth anniversary of LeBron James’ partnership with Nike
- Full-length, visible Nike Zoom unit allows low-profile, maximum cushioning with a soft and responsive feel under the entire foot
- Lightweight Phylon midsole provides ultra-lightweight cushioning and comfort
- Solid rubber outsole provides durability and traction for a variety of surfaces
- A modified herringbone pattern enhances multidirectional traction
15 years since its initial release, the legendary Air Force One Linen returns this week.
15 years since its initial release, the legendary Air For...
A closer look at Nike's "New York Made" campaign including a new Nike Soho store, an artist-designed basketball court and more.
A closer look at Nike's "New York Made" campaign includin...
NIKELAB CHI opens on December 1.
The Nike Detroit Community Store’s inaugural grant benefits the Boys and Girls Club of Southeastern Michigan and more.
The Nike Detroit Community Store’s inaugural grant benefi...
The 2001 Air Force 1 Low "Linen" from Nike's Co.jp project returns this...
The triple-black Nike Flyknit Racer is available in the "Midnight"...
The Nike Air Max 90 “Chicago" women's shoe has laser engraved icons on...
Jordan Brand honors the 20th anniversary of Space Jam with the launch of DEFY, new take on the classic story to inspire a new generation to defy expectations.
Jordan Brand honors the 20th anniversary of Space Jam wit...
The Nike HyperAdapt 1.0 in Black/White-Blue Lagoon releases December 1.
The Nike HyperAdapt 1.0 in Black/White-Blue Lagoon releas...
NikeLab MA5 opens in Minami Aoyama, Tokyo on December 1.
Tiger Woods will lace up a new signature shoe when he returns to the course this week.
Tiger Woods will lace up a new signature shoe when he ret...
Nike's Global Showcase selects five young footballers to join the Elite Development Squad for 2017.
Nike's Global Showcase selects five young footballers to ...
For the first time in its history, AS Roma will wear a special new kit for the Derby Della Capitale.
For the first time in its history, AS Roma will wear a sp...
Jordan Brand opens first European store in Paris.
The Nike Football Dark Lightning Pack will be available in cleated versions, including Nike Anti-Clog Traction boots, as well as NikeFootballX small-sided models beginning November 25th.
The Nike Football Dark Lightning Pack will be available i...