Science meets performance when the University of Oregon debuts the latest Nike Pro Combat system of dress technology.
Nike will celebrate the Ducks’ return to the Rose Bowl with the debut of its latest Nike Pro Combat system of dress – the most advanced football uniform system ever assembled.
This fully integrated uniform system, debuted in its first iteration by the University of Oregon during last years’ BCS National Championship Game, incorporates the pinnacle in performance innovation and design from the world’s most renowned athletic outfitter. The new uniform provides enhanced thermoregulation and more durability with the inclusion of Nike Chain Maille Mesh – a lightweight ultra-breathable material – used in both the jersey and pant.
While the uniform certainly makes the team more recognizable, it’s their commitment to innovation and building better athletes that allows the University of Oregon to take its place among the nation’s most elite programs.
“Nike’s relationship with the University of Oregon represents a forward-thinking approach to innovation and design. Our goal is to help build better athletes by providing them with state-of-the-art-innovation combined with a deep knowledge and understanding of their heritage” said Todd Van Horne, Nike’s Creative Director for Football. The latest Nike Pro Combat system of dress uniform delivers more on-field performance benefits than ever before while pushing the limits on creativity and design. The Oregon Ducks truly represent Nike's approach in developing athletes from the inside-out.”
“Oregon represents the gold-standard when it comes to merging science and innovation with athletic performance and we are excited to continue our partnership with Nike by unveiling the next iteration in uniform innovation for the Rose Bowl” said Oregon Ducks Head Football Coach Chip Kelly. “Nike always starts by listening to the voice of the athlete as they continue to bring the most intuitive technology to the game.”
From the cleats to the base layer, to the gloves and helmet, the Ducks’ uniform represents the pinnacle in game-day innovation for speed. New this year is the development of Nike Chain Maille Mesh technology, the ultimate in breathable uniform design. These innovations coupled with durable, lightweight padding provide athletes with a complete on-field suit of armor. Performance benefits include:
• Eleven different materials in the Nike Pro Combat uniform (jersey and pant), and 16 different materials in the complete system of dress – each to address the specific needs of the athlete in game situations
• Nike Chain Maille Mesh material incorporated into the back and under the arms in the jersey, as well as down the sides of the pant for exceptional ventilation without sacrificing durability. The new Nike Chain Maille Mesh integration also emphasizes improved thermoregulation, including the Nike Pro Combat Deflex padding layer, which is constructed with fabric selected for its ability to help keep the body cool and wick away sweat – making the uniform, and player, lighter and dryer.
• Increased air flow with large open-hole woven construction for more ventilation
• A redesigned base layer that facilitates the uniform’s overall innovation, delivering the ultimate in lightweight protection for maximum speed. The base layer in the pant also features customizable protection that incorporates a thin, incredibly strong carbon fiber plate that can be placed on the thigh padding where needed.
• Strategically placed seams, pads and cooling zones that help minimize distraction and optimize protective coverage. Robust padding, without the bulk, has also been added to offer optimal low-profile impact protection specifically throughout the crucial “hit zone” between the knees and shoulders.
• Nike Pro Combat Deflex padding integrated in the hip and knee areas of the pant for crucial impact protection that stays in place
• A Flywire collar eliminating two layers of fabric for improved breathability, providing a more stable anchor to keep the jersey in place
The uniform wouldn’t be complete without combining these innovations with a nod to the Duck’s rich heritage. Design elements include:
• A completely re-designed number system boasting an iridescent sheen similar to that on a mallard’s feathers. The larger, bolder numbers shift in color as they move.
• An armored wing design resting on new material engineered for maximum strength along the shoulder area
• A new look for the helmet featuring bright wings atop a mirrored appearance using a LiquidMetal black finish never before seen on the field. Though the wings are featured on the side, the iconic Oregon "O" still appears on the helmet located in a unique top-center placement.
Irving will immerse himself in Asian basketball culture while traveling to Japan, Taiwan and China. Check back daily for new photos and videos.
Irving will immerse himself in Asian basketball culture w...
Kicking off July 22, CR7’s three-day trip to Shanghai and Beijing aims to stoke the brilliance of China’s blossoming football culture.
Kicking off July 22, CR7’s three-day trip to Shanghai and...
The New HyperFam collection recognizes the unique culture of summer basketball in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Manila, Beijing and Madrid.
The New HyperFam collection recognizes the unique culture...
It will be available during the Holiday 2017 season.
It's available starting July 28 on Nike+, SNKRS, nike.com and at select...
It's now available on Nike+, nike.com and at select retailers.
Today, Nike’s all-access pass to experiences, products and services gets even more robust with a new set of regional benefits, including unlocking training content from the continent’s top athletes and exclusive product drops and rewards.
Today, Nike’s all-access pass to experiences, products an...
NIKE, Inc. today announced Monique Matheson will become Nike’s EVP, Global Human Resources.
NIKE, Inc. today announced Monique Matheson will become N...
Nike and the NBA release details of four new primary uniforms and give a first glimpse of the Golden State Warriors' Association jersey.
Nike and the NBA release details of four new primary unif...
The Nike Zoom Fly and Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34 are available June 8, and the Nike Zoom Vaporfly 4% releases July 20.
The Nike Zoom Fly and Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34 are availa...
As Roger Federer claims his eighth title in London, Nike releases a limited-edition shoe and commemorative T-shirts to celebrate his success and style.
As Roger Federer claims his eighth title in London, Nike ...
"Game on," a documentary photo series focused on women's football in the Netherlands, provides a telling glimpse into the lives of those involved in the country's fastest growing team sport.
"Game on," a documentary photo series focused on women's ...
The biggest Jordan Brand store in Asia offers hyperlocal product, new regulation size basketball court and unique design.
The biggest Jordan Brand store in Asia offers hyperlocal ...
Learn how Nike builds training shoes to help you move fast, lift heavy and feel great no matter what your workout of the day is. Plus, see which training shoes — including Kevin Hart’s new Nike Free Train Virtue Hustle Hart — can help you perform your best.
Learn how Nike builds training shoes to help you move fas...
Merging ideas from two Nike SB icons, the new Nike SB Dunk High Elite takes skate shoe conception to the next level. The Nike SB Dunk High Elite Kevin Terpening colorway will be available July 20 on SNKRS, nike.com and at select Nike retailers.
Merging ideas from two Nike SB icons, the new Nike SB Dun...