Science meets performance when the University of Oregon debuts the latest Nike Pro Combat system of dress technology.
Nike will celebrate the Ducks’ return to the Rose Bowl with the debut of its latest Nike Pro Combat system of dress – the most advanced football uniform system ever assembled.
This fully integrated uniform system, debuted in its first iteration by the University of Oregon during last years’ BCS National Championship Game, incorporates the pinnacle in performance innovation and design from the world’s most renowned athletic outfitter. The new uniform provides enhanced thermoregulation and more durability with the inclusion of Nike Chain Maille Mesh – a lightweight ultra-breathable material – used in both the jersey and pant.
While the uniform certainly makes the team more recognizable, it’s their commitment to innovation and building better athletes that allows the University of Oregon to take its place among the nation’s most elite programs.
“Nike’s relationship with the University of Oregon represents a forward-thinking approach to innovation and design. Our goal is to help build better athletes by providing them with state-of-the-art-innovation combined with a deep knowledge and understanding of their heritage” said Todd Van Horne, Nike’s Creative Director for Football. The latest Nike Pro Combat system of dress uniform delivers more on-field performance benefits than ever before while pushing the limits on creativity and design. The Oregon Ducks truly represent Nike's approach in developing athletes from the inside-out.”
“Oregon represents the gold-standard when it comes to merging science and innovation with athletic performance and we are excited to continue our partnership with Nike by unveiling the next iteration in uniform innovation for the Rose Bowl” said Oregon Ducks Head Football Coach Chip Kelly. “Nike always starts by listening to the voice of the athlete as they continue to bring the most intuitive technology to the game.”
From the cleats to the base layer, to the gloves and helmet, the Ducks’ uniform represents the pinnacle in game-day innovation for speed. New this year is the development of Nike Chain Maille Mesh technology, the ultimate in breathable uniform design. These innovations coupled with durable, lightweight padding provide athletes with a complete on-field suit of armor. Performance benefits include:
• Eleven different materials in the Nike Pro Combat uniform (jersey and pant), and 16 different materials in the complete system of dress – each to address the specific needs of the athlete in game situations
• Nike Chain Maille Mesh material incorporated into the back and under the arms in the jersey, as well as down the sides of the pant for exceptional ventilation without sacrificing durability. The new Nike Chain Maille Mesh integration also emphasizes improved thermoregulation, including the Nike Pro Combat Deflex padding layer, which is constructed with fabric selected for its ability to help keep the body cool and wick away sweat – making the uniform, and player, lighter and dryer.
• Increased air flow with large open-hole woven construction for more ventilation
• A redesigned base layer that facilitates the uniform’s overall innovation, delivering the ultimate in lightweight protection for maximum speed. The base layer in the pant also features customizable protection that incorporates a thin, incredibly strong carbon fiber plate that can be placed on the thigh padding where needed.
• Strategically placed seams, pads and cooling zones that help minimize distraction and optimize protective coverage. Robust padding, without the bulk, has also been added to offer optimal low-profile impact protection specifically throughout the crucial “hit zone” between the knees and shoulders.
• Nike Pro Combat Deflex padding integrated in the hip and knee areas of the pant for crucial impact protection that stays in place
• A Flywire collar eliminating two layers of fabric for improved breathability, providing a more stable anchor to keep the jersey in place
The uniform wouldn’t be complete without combining these innovations with a nod to the Duck’s rich heritage. Design elements include:
• A completely re-designed number system boasting an iridescent sheen similar to that on a mallard’s feathers. The larger, bolder numbers shift in color as they move.
• An armored wing design resting on new material engineered for maximum strength along the shoulder area
• A new look for the helmet featuring bright wings atop a mirrored appearance using a LiquidMetal black finish never before seen on the field. Though the wings are featured on the side, the iconic Oregon "O" still appears on the helmet located in a unique top-center placement.
The NikeLab Sock Dart Mid x Stone Island is available January 26.
The NikeLab Sock Dart Mid x Stone Island is available Jan...
Alex Noren, Thomas Pieters, Alexander Levy, Kristoffer Broberg, Alex Knappe and Pep Angles join the Nike Golf athlete roster.
Alex Noren, Thomas Pieters, Alexander Levy, Kristoffer Br...
The store continues Nike’s global retail transformation with an all-new location on Miami’s popular Lincoln Road promenade.
The store continues Nike’s global retail transformation w...
NikeWomen Sportswear design director Johanna Schneider shares her take on the season's closet staples.
NikeWomen Sportswear design director Johanna Schneider sh...
Fusing the Air Force 1 and SFB Boot, the Nike Special Field Air Force 1...
LeBron James’s debut signature shoe, the Nike Air Zoom Generation,...
This is a special Nike Zoom Rev 2017 PE for Draymond Green.
Jordan Brand gifted the University of North Carolina head men’s basketball coach with an exclusive box and footwear following his win against Syracuse last night.
Jordan Brand gifted the University of North Carolina head...
In honor of the principles King stood for, some players will wear all-black PEs during the holiday’s slate of games.
In honor of the principles King stood for, some players w...
From sketch to scoring machine, Nike unveils the new Hypervenom 3. The boot will be available January 30 on Nike.com in the Poison Green/Hyper Orange colorway.
From sketch to scoring machine, Nike unveils the new Hype...
Nike Football’s new training apparel is designed to help players train at full speed during winter weather.
Nike Football’s new training apparel is designed to help ...
Making NCAA history, UConn Women tops its previous record winning-streak.
Making NCAA history, UConn Women tops its previous record...
Jordan Brand will provide the CABB with premium performance innovation apparel as the team prepares for major international basketball tournaments like next year's World Basketball Championships in China.
Jordan Brand will provide the CABB with premium performan...
The Brian Anderson collection releases January 19 on nike.com and at select retailers.
The Brian Anderson collection releases January 19 on nike...