Science meets performance when the University of Oregon debuts the latest Nike Pro Combat system of dress technology.
Nike will celebrate the Ducks’ return to the Rose Bowl with the debut of its latest Nike Pro Combat system of dress – the most advanced football uniform system ever assembled.
This fully integrated uniform system, debuted in its first iteration by the University of Oregon during last years’ BCS National Championship Game, incorporates the pinnacle in performance innovation and design from the world’s most renowned athletic outfitter. The new uniform provides enhanced thermoregulation and more durability with the inclusion of Nike Chain Maille Mesh – a lightweight ultra-breathable material – used in both the jersey and pant.
While the uniform certainly makes the team more recognizable, it’s their commitment to innovation and building better athletes that allows the University of Oregon to take its place among the nation’s most elite programs.
“Nike’s relationship with the University of Oregon represents a forward-thinking approach to innovation and design. Our goal is to help build better athletes by providing them with state-of-the-art-innovation combined with a deep knowledge and understanding of their heritage” said Todd Van Horne, Nike’s Creative Director for Football. The latest Nike Pro Combat system of dress uniform delivers more on-field performance benefits than ever before while pushing the limits on creativity and design. The Oregon Ducks truly represent Nike's approach in developing athletes from the inside-out.”
“Oregon represents the gold-standard when it comes to merging science and innovation with athletic performance and we are excited to continue our partnership with Nike by unveiling the next iteration in uniform innovation for the Rose Bowl” said Oregon Ducks Head Football Coach Chip Kelly. “Nike always starts by listening to the voice of the athlete as they continue to bring the most intuitive technology to the game.”
From the cleats to the base layer, to the gloves and helmet, the Ducks’ uniform represents the pinnacle in game-day innovation for speed. New this year is the development of Nike Chain Maille Mesh technology, the ultimate in breathable uniform design. These innovations coupled with durable, lightweight padding provide athletes with a complete on-field suit of armor. Performance benefits include:
• Eleven different materials in the Nike Pro Combat uniform (jersey and pant), and 16 different materials in the complete system of dress – each to address the specific needs of the athlete in game situations
• Nike Chain Maille Mesh material incorporated into the back and under the arms in the jersey, as well as down the sides of the pant for exceptional ventilation without sacrificing durability. The new Nike Chain Maille Mesh integration also emphasizes improved thermoregulation, including the Nike Pro Combat Deflex padding layer, which is constructed with fabric selected for its ability to help keep the body cool and wick away sweat – making the uniform, and player, lighter and dryer.
• Increased air flow with large open-hole woven construction for more ventilation
• A redesigned base layer that facilitates the uniform’s overall innovation, delivering the ultimate in lightweight protection for maximum speed. The base layer in the pant also features customizable protection that incorporates a thin, incredibly strong carbon fiber plate that can be placed on the thigh padding where needed.
• Strategically placed seams, pads and cooling zones that help minimize distraction and optimize protective coverage. Robust padding, without the bulk, has also been added to offer optimal low-profile impact protection specifically throughout the crucial “hit zone” between the knees and shoulders.
• Nike Pro Combat Deflex padding integrated in the hip and knee areas of the pant for crucial impact protection that stays in place
• A Flywire collar eliminating two layers of fabric for improved breathability, providing a more stable anchor to keep the jersey in place
The uniform wouldn’t be complete without combining these innovations with a nod to the Duck’s rich heritage. Design elements include:
• A completely re-designed number system boasting an iridescent sheen similar to that on a mallard’s feathers. The larger, bolder numbers shift in color as they move.
• An armored wing design resting on new material engineered for maximum strength along the shoulder area
• A new look for the helmet featuring bright wings atop a mirrored appearance using a LiquidMetal black finish never before seen on the field. Though the wings are featured on the side, the iconic Oregon "O" still appears on the helmet located in a unique top-center placement.
Eliud Kipchoge, Zersenay Tadese and Lelisa Desisa chased history today. This is what happened.
Eliud Kipchoge, Zersenay Tadese and Lelisa Desisa chased ...
The ACG.07.KMTR launches May 18 on NikeLab.com and at NikeLab retail locations. The Nike Komyuter silhouette will release in a variety of colorways through summer ’17.
The ACG.07.KMTR launches May 18 on NikeLab.com and at Nik...
The four new Nike Sport Bands are available starting June 1.
It's available May 25 on Nike+, nike.com/nikelab and at select retailers.
The velvet Nike Cortez Classic LX is available starting May 30 in a Deep...
The boots will be worn on pitch June 3rd and are available at retail May 25.
The boots will be worn on pitch June 3rd and are availabl...
The Air Jordan IV continues to be one of the most iconic sneakers ever. Now it has evolved into an all-new sportswear silhouette with the Jordan Fly '89.
The Air Jordan IV continues to be one of the most iconic ...
The limited edition Nike iD x Monaco pack, inspired by the club’s colors and heritage, celebrates AS Monaco’s 2016-17 Championship season — the club’s first league title in 17 years.
The limited edition Nike iD x Monaco pack, inspired by th...
The Air Jordan I Wings pays homage to Michael Jordan's push to greatness following a devastating injury in 1985.
The Air Jordan I Wings pays homage to Michael Jordan's pu...
As a hat tip to Jeter’s incredible career, Jordan Brand takes over a bodega directly across from Yankee Stadium featuring a commemorative RE2PECT capsule collection.
As a hat tip to Jeter’s incredible career, Jordan Brand t...
Representing a 10-year evolution in Kevin Durant's journey, his tenth signature shoe features both heel-to-toe Flyknit and Zoom Air. The KD10 launches May 26.
Representing a 10-year evolution in Kevin Durant's journe...
Nike is proud to announce a long-term partnership with soccer phenom and USWNT player Mallory Pugh.
Nike is proud to announce a long-term partnership with so...
In conjunction with Jordan Brand’s 20th anniversary of entering Greater China, the brand has signed its first Chinese basketball player, Guo Ailun.
In conjunction with Jordan Brand’s 20th anniversary of en...
The latest ACG apparel launches May 18 at NikeLab.com and in NikeLab doors.
The latest ACG apparel launches May 18 at NikeLab.com and...