Science meets performance when the University of Oregon debuts the latest Nike Pro Combat system of dress technology.
Nike will celebrate the Ducks’ return to the Rose Bowl with the debut of its latest Nike Pro Combat system of dress – the most advanced football uniform system ever assembled.
This fully integrated uniform system, debuted in its first iteration by the University of Oregon during last years’ BCS National Championship Game, incorporates the pinnacle in performance innovation and design from the world’s most renowned athletic outfitter. The new uniform provides enhanced thermoregulation and more durability with the inclusion of Nike Chain Maille Mesh – a lightweight ultra-breathable material – used in both the jersey and pant.
While the uniform certainly makes the team more recognizable, it’s their commitment to innovation and building better athletes that allows the University of Oregon to take its place among the nation’s most elite programs.
“Nike’s relationship with the University of Oregon represents a forward-thinking approach to innovation and design. Our goal is to help build better athletes by providing them with state-of-the-art-innovation combined with a deep knowledge and understanding of their heritage” said Todd Van Horne, Nike’s Creative Director for Football. The latest Nike Pro Combat system of dress uniform delivers more on-field performance benefits than ever before while pushing the limits on creativity and design. The Oregon Ducks truly represent Nike's approach in developing athletes from the inside-out.”
“Oregon represents the gold-standard when it comes to merging science and innovation with athletic performance and we are excited to continue our partnership with Nike by unveiling the next iteration in uniform innovation for the Rose Bowl” said Oregon Ducks Head Football Coach Chip Kelly. “Nike always starts by listening to the voice of the athlete as they continue to bring the most intuitive technology to the game.”
From the cleats to the base layer, to the gloves and helmet, the Ducks’ uniform represents the pinnacle in game-day innovation for speed. New this year is the development of Nike Chain Maille Mesh technology, the ultimate in breathable uniform design. These innovations coupled with durable, lightweight padding provide athletes with a complete on-field suit of armor. Performance benefits include:
• Eleven different materials in the Nike Pro Combat uniform (jersey and pant), and 16 different materials in the complete system of dress – each to address the specific needs of the athlete in game situations
• Nike Chain Maille Mesh material incorporated into the back and under the arms in the jersey, as well as down the sides of the pant for exceptional ventilation without sacrificing durability. The new Nike Chain Maille Mesh integration also emphasizes improved thermoregulation, including the Nike Pro Combat Deflex padding layer, which is constructed with fabric selected for its ability to help keep the body cool and wick away sweat – making the uniform, and player, lighter and dryer.
• Increased air flow with large open-hole woven construction for more ventilation
• A redesigned base layer that facilitates the uniform’s overall innovation, delivering the ultimate in lightweight protection for maximum speed. The base layer in the pant also features customizable protection that incorporates a thin, incredibly strong carbon fiber plate that can be placed on the thigh padding where needed.
• Strategically placed seams, pads and cooling zones that help minimize distraction and optimize protective coverage. Robust padding, without the bulk, has also been added to offer optimal low-profile impact protection specifically throughout the crucial “hit zone” between the knees and shoulders.
• Nike Pro Combat Deflex padding integrated in the hip and knee areas of the pant for crucial impact protection that stays in place
• A Flywire collar eliminating two layers of fabric for improved breathability, providing a more stable anchor to keep the jersey in place
The uniform wouldn’t be complete without combining these innovations with a nod to the Duck’s rich heritage. Design elements include:
• A completely re-designed number system boasting an iridescent sheen similar to that on a mallard’s feathers. The larger, bolder numbers shift in color as they move.
• An armored wing design resting on new material engineered for maximum strength along the shoulder area
• A new look for the helmet featuring bright wings atop a mirrored appearance using a LiquidMetal black finish never before seen on the field. Though the wings are featured on the side, the iconic Oregon "O" still appears on the helmet located in a unique top-center placement.
15 years since its initial release, the legendary Air Force One Linen returns this week.
15 years since its initial release, the legendary Air For...
The new agreement will run from 2018 until 2026.
Army Black Knights will wear the new “paratrooper” look on December 10.
Army Black Knights will wear the new “paratrooper” look o...
Inspired by the merging of ocean and land in Rio de Janeiro, the new NikeLab Air Zoom Legend x RT brings elements of Nike's past experimentation in boots into a new Chelsea boot.
Inspired by the merging of ocean and land in Rio de Janei...
The Nike Flyknit Racer is available December 9 in the "Earth Tones"...
DeMar DeRozan may wear this Nike Kobe A.D. PE during tonight's game.
J. R. Smith may wear this LEBRON 13 Low PE during tonight's game.
For the third year in a row, the Diamond Quest begins with all four schools in the College Football Playoff wearing Nike uniforms.
For the third year in a row, the Diamond Quest begins wit...
A closer look at Nike's "New York Made" campaign including a new Nike Soho store, an artist-designed basketball court and more.
A closer look at Nike's "New York Made" campaign includin...
NIKELAB CHI opens on December 1.
The Nike Detroit Community Store’s inaugural grant benefits the Boys and Girls Club of Southeastern Michigan and more.
The Nike Detroit Community Store’s inaugural grant benefi...
Jordan Brand honors the 20th anniversary of Space Jam with the launch of DEFY, new take on the classic story to inspire a new generation to defy expectations.
Jordan Brand honors the 20th anniversary of Space Jam wit...
The Nike HyperAdapt 1.0 in Black/White-Blue Lagoon releases December 1.
The Nike HyperAdapt 1.0 in Black/White-Blue Lagoon releas...
NikeLab MA5 opens in Minami Aoyama, Tokyo on December 1.
Tiger Woods will lace up a new signature shoe when he returns to the course this week.
Tiger Woods will lace up a new signature shoe when he ret...