Nike celebrates 15 years by encouraging you to LIVESTRONG.
On Oct. 2, 1996, Lance Armstrong was diagnosed with advanced testicular cancer. On Jan. 8, 1997, he decided to engage others in his fight against the disease by starting the Lance Armstrong Foundation. By 1999 he was back on the bike and went on to claim a record seven Tour De France victories while raising awareness and hope for millions of people whose lives have been impacted by cancer.
Today Lance’s foundation is known the world over as LIVESTRONG. For 28 million people around the world living with cancer today it is a symbol of inspiration, help and community. Nike is proud to be a long-time supporter of Lance Armstrong and LIVESTRONG.
Nike’s commitment to Lance as an athlete and advocate began in 1996. Our partnership continues to grow as we work together to help expand his message of hope to LIVESTRONG supporters around the world with the Nike LIVESTRONG collection.
15 ways to LIVESTRONG:
1. Support LIVESTRONG by purchasing a wristband for $1.In 2004, Nike launched the LIVESTRONG yellow wristband to help raise awareness and funds for LIVESTRONG. The wristband became a global phenomenon, with Lance and other athletes, celebrities and individuals from all walks of life joining what LIVESTRONG CEO and President Doug Ulman calls “the democratization of philanthropy.”
2. Wear the LIVESTRONG Collection.Nike created the LIVESTRONG collection of training apparel, footwear and accessories in 2008. Rooted in performance and style, the collection has grown tremendously since the iconic yellow LIVESTRONG wristband debuted in 2004. To date more than 84 million wristbands have been distributed and $100 million raised for the cause. Nike’s LIVESTRONG collection is available at www.nikestore.com and select retailers around the world.
3. Learn from LIVESTRONG.Visit www.livestrong.org to learn about the disease, what you can do to support and help others living with cancer, and how Lance’s fight inspired him to begin LIVESTRONG.
4. Seek help from LIVESTRONG.LIVESTRONG provides free, confidential, one-on-one support to anyone affected by cancer. Visit www.livestrong.org/gethelp.
5. Train for LIVESTRONG.Amplify your training with the team LIVESTRONG feature on the Nike Boom app. Lance will motivate you as you train to meet your fundraising goals and you can spread the word through your social networks.
6. Compete for LIVESTRONG.Visit www.livestrong.org/team and sign up to run, walk or bike in a team LIVESTRONG event happening across the country.
7. Take action with LIVESTRONG.Find out what’s already going on in your area or find out how to organize your own event to raise funds for LIVESTRONG. Visit www.livestrong.org/takeaction.
8. Donate to LIVESTRONG.A donation to LIVESTRONG can help raise awareness and provide essential support to people affected by cancer. Make an online donation or explore other ways to give at www.livestrong.org/donate.
9. Follow Lance on Twitter @lancearmstrong.
10. Follow LIVESTRONG CEO and President, Doug Ulman, on Twitter @dougulman.
11. Follow LIVESTRONG on Twitter @livestrong.
12. Join LIVESTRONG on Facebook - www.facebook.com/livestrong
13. Share your story using #whyilivestrong.
14. Show your support for LIVESTRONG on World Cancer Day, Feb. 4, 2012.
15. Get a check-up. Go to your doctor for routine cancer screenings.
12 creatives offer new visions of Nike Air footwear for this year's Vote Forward.
12 creatives offer new visions of Nike Air footwear for t...
Five students from Domus Academy, Central Saint Martins and Parsons School of Design explore the concept of walking on air.
Five students from Domus Academy, Central Saint Martins a...
The NikeLab Air Max 1 Royal is available March 26 in Greater China and April 13 globally.
The NikeLab Air Max 1 Royal is available March 26 in Grea...
The Nike Lunar Command 2 Boa features a Boa closure, a unique lacing...
This is a special Nike KYRIE 3 for Kyrie Irving.
Nike Basketball College iD lets you customize iconic sneaker silhouettes...
The NikeLab Air VaporMax x Marc Newson releases March 26.
The five shoe collection also includes the KYRIE 3, LEBRON 14, PG 1 and Kobe A.D. It launches March 24 at Nike.com and select retailers.
The five shoe collection also includes the KYRIE 3, LEBRO...
The collection celebrates two icons by incorporating the style and soul of Jordan Brand with the larger-than-life story of KAWS.
The collection celebrates two icons by incorporating the ...
Expanding the Nike Ease platform to improve ease-of-entry for performance footwear.
Expanding the Nike Ease platform to improve ease-of-entry...
The NIKEiD Flyknit Air Max 1 Ultra and Nike Air VaporMax offers are available for a limited time only on March 26 at nike.com and select events across the globe.
The NIKEiD Flyknit Air Max 1 Ultra and Nike Air VaporMax ...
The 2017 England away kit is available from nike.com starting March 22.
The 2017 England away kit is available from nike.com star...
The boots are available in cleated and NikeFootballX versions on Nike.com, and will be worn by professional players on pitch this week.
The boots are available in cleated and NikeFootballX vers...
Its 2017 women’s line — created with world champion surfer Carissa Moore’s direct feedback — redefines high-performance swimwear.
Its 2017 women’s line — created with world champion surfe...