Nike celebrates 15 years by encouraging you to LIVESTRONG.
On Oct. 2, 1996, Lance Armstrong was diagnosed with advanced testicular cancer. On Jan. 8, 1997, he decided to engage others in his fight against the disease by starting the Lance Armstrong Foundation. By 1999 he was back on the bike and went on to claim a record seven Tour De France victories while raising awareness and hope for millions of people whose lives have been impacted by cancer.
Today Lance’s foundation is known the world over as LIVESTRONG. For 28 million people around the world living with cancer today it is a symbol of inspiration, help and community. Nike is proud to be a long-time supporter of Lance Armstrong and LIVESTRONG.
Nike’s commitment to Lance as an athlete and advocate began in 1996. Our partnership continues to grow as we work together to help expand his message of hope to LIVESTRONG supporters around the world with the Nike LIVESTRONG collection.
15 ways to LIVESTRONG:
1. Support LIVESTRONG by purchasing a wristband for $1.In 2004, Nike launched the LIVESTRONG yellow wristband to help raise awareness and funds for LIVESTRONG. The wristband became a global phenomenon, with Lance and other athletes, celebrities and individuals from all walks of life joining what LIVESTRONG CEO and President Doug Ulman calls “the democratization of philanthropy.”
2. Wear the LIVESTRONG Collection.Nike created the LIVESTRONG collection of training apparel, footwear and accessories in 2008. Rooted in performance and style, the collection has grown tremendously since the iconic yellow LIVESTRONG wristband debuted in 2004. To date more than 84 million wristbands have been distributed and $100 million raised for the cause. Nike’s LIVESTRONG collection is available at www.nikestore.com and select retailers around the world.
3. Learn from LIVESTRONG.Visit www.livestrong.org to learn about the disease, what you can do to support and help others living with cancer, and how Lance’s fight inspired him to begin LIVESTRONG.
4. Seek help from LIVESTRONG.LIVESTRONG provides free, confidential, one-on-one support to anyone affected by cancer. Visit www.livestrong.org/gethelp.
5. Train for LIVESTRONG.Amplify your training with the team LIVESTRONG feature on the Nike Boom app. Lance will motivate you as you train to meet your fundraising goals and you can spread the word through your social networks.
6. Compete for LIVESTRONG.Visit www.livestrong.org/team and sign up to run, walk or bike in a team LIVESTRONG event happening across the country.
7. Take action with LIVESTRONG.Find out what’s already going on in your area or find out how to organize your own event to raise funds for LIVESTRONG. Visit www.livestrong.org/takeaction.
8. Donate to LIVESTRONG.A donation to LIVESTRONG can help raise awareness and provide essential support to people affected by cancer. Make an online donation or explore other ways to give at www.livestrong.org/donate.
9. Follow Lance on Twitter @lancearmstrong.
10. Follow LIVESTRONG CEO and President, Doug Ulman, on Twitter @dougulman.
11. Follow LIVESTRONG on Twitter @livestrong.
12. Join LIVESTRONG on Facebook - www.facebook.com/livestrong
13. Share your story using #whyilivestrong.
14. Show your support for LIVESTRONG on World Cancer Day, Feb. 4, 2012.
15. Get a check-up. Go to your doctor for routine cancer screenings.
The story behind innovative eyewear made for blind American long and triple jumper, Lex Gillette.
The story behind innovative eyewear made for blind Americ...
The NikeFootballX Heritage Pack launches exclusively via the Nike Football App on August 28, and is available on nike.com from August 30.
The NikeFootballX Heritage Pack launches exclusively via ...
The KOBE 11 Blackhorse launches globally on September 17.
The KOBE 11 Mambacurial launches globally on September 8.
The volt Nike Flyknit Racer returns with an updated take on the 2012...
In addition to best-in-class tracking for indoor and outdoor runs, the redesigned and updated Nike+ Run Club app provides the premier motivation-guidance-support system, helping athletes to run farther and faster than ever before.
In addition to best-in-class tracking for indoor and outd...
The Autumn 2016 Tech Pack collection reimagines classic Nike silhouettes by pairing Nike Tech Fleece with Nike Tech Knit. It is available August 25 via Tech Book and September 1 at nike.com and Nike Sportswear retailers.
The Autumn 2016 Tech Pack collection reimagines classic N...
This summer, Nike developed the champion’s collection of tailor-made designs and innovations, based upon his insight, Nike designers’ observations and the decathlon’s unique demands.
This summer, Nike developed the champion’s collection of ...
Nike President & CEO, Nike, Inc. Mark Parker, Trevor Edwards, President, Nike Brand, and sporting icons, like American Carl Lewis, visit Encantado Olympic Village — just one of the community and sports centers revitalized by Nike's five-year partnership with the City of Rio.
Nike President & CEO, Nike, Inc. Mark Parker, Trevor Edwa...
The Nike Roshe Two Flyknit is available via the Nike Tech Book in all markets besides North America on August 25. It will be available in the SNRKS App, at global retailers and via the Nike Tech Book in North America on September 1.
The Nike Roshe Two Flyknit is available via the Nike Tech...
The first quadruple amputee to ascend Mount Kilimanjaro without the aid of prosthetics, Kyle Maynard takes a “No Excuses” mantra to new heights.
The first quadruple amputee to ascend Mount Kilimanjaro w...
Ahead of her fourth Paralympics, the world record-breaking T44 sprinter1 reflects upon the internal drive that propelled her to gold.
Ahead of her fourth Paralympics, the world record-breakin...
Nike celebrates world-class athletes — from Scout Bassett, Simone Biles, Elena Delle Donne, and Gabby Douglas to Allyson Felix, Dafne Schippers Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, English Gardner, Alex Morgan and Serena Williams —who push their own limits to empower the next generation to embark on an unlimited journey.
Nike celebrates world-class athletes — from Scout Bassett...