Nike celebrates 15 years by encouraging you to LIVESTRONG.
On Oct. 2, 1996, Lance Armstrong was diagnosed with advanced testicular cancer. On Jan. 8, 1997, he decided to engage others in his fight against the disease by starting the Lance Armstrong Foundation. By 1999 he was back on the bike and went on to claim a record seven Tour De France victories while raising awareness and hope for millions of people whose lives have been impacted by cancer.
Today Lance’s foundation is known the world over as LIVESTRONG. For 28 million people around the world living with cancer today it is a symbol of inspiration, help and community. Nike is proud to be a long-time supporter of Lance Armstrong and LIVESTRONG.
Nike’s commitment to Lance as an athlete and advocate began in 1996. Our partnership continues to grow as we work together to help expand his message of hope to LIVESTRONG supporters around the world with the Nike LIVESTRONG collection.
15 ways to LIVESTRONG:
1. Support LIVESTRONG by purchasing a wristband for $1.In 2004, Nike launched the LIVESTRONG yellow wristband to help raise awareness and funds for LIVESTRONG. The wristband became a global phenomenon, with Lance and other athletes, celebrities and individuals from all walks of life joining what LIVESTRONG CEO and President Doug Ulman calls “the democratization of philanthropy.”
2. Wear the LIVESTRONG Collection.Nike created the LIVESTRONG collection of training apparel, footwear and accessories in 2008. Rooted in performance and style, the collection has grown tremendously since the iconic yellow LIVESTRONG wristband debuted in 2004. To date more than 84 million wristbands have been distributed and $100 million raised for the cause. Nike’s LIVESTRONG collection is available at www.nikestore.com and select retailers around the world.
3. Learn from LIVESTRONG.Visit www.livestrong.org to learn about the disease, what you can do to support and help others living with cancer, and how Lance’s fight inspired him to begin LIVESTRONG.
4. Seek help from LIVESTRONG.LIVESTRONG provides free, confidential, one-on-one support to anyone affected by cancer. Visit www.livestrong.org/gethelp.
5. Train for LIVESTRONG.Amplify your training with the team LIVESTRONG feature on the Nike Boom app. Lance will motivate you as you train to meet your fundraising goals and you can spread the word through your social networks.
6. Compete for LIVESTRONG.Visit www.livestrong.org/team and sign up to run, walk or bike in a team LIVESTRONG event happening across the country.
7. Take action with LIVESTRONG.Find out what’s already going on in your area or find out how to organize your own event to raise funds for LIVESTRONG. Visit www.livestrong.org/takeaction.
8. Donate to LIVESTRONG.A donation to LIVESTRONG can help raise awareness and provide essential support to people affected by cancer. Make an online donation or explore other ways to give at www.livestrong.org/donate.
9. Follow Lance on Twitter @lancearmstrong.
10. Follow LIVESTRONG CEO and President, Doug Ulman, on Twitter @dougulman.
11. Follow LIVESTRONG on Twitter @livestrong.
12. Join LIVESTRONG on Facebook - www.facebook.com/livestrong
13. Share your story using #whyilivestrong.
14. Show your support for LIVESTRONG on World Cancer Day, Feb. 4, 2012.
15. Get a check-up. Go to your doctor for routine cancer screenings.
Nike Air VaporMax Flyknit footwear from Fall 2017 is available starting June 29.
Nike Air VaporMax Flyknit footwear from Fall 2017 is avai...
Unlock coveted sneakers by viewing certain images via the camera function on SNKRS.
Unlock coveted sneakers by viewing certain images via the...
Jordan Brand incorporates Flyknit for the first time in a training shoe. The Air Jordan Trainer 2 releases globally July 1 at select retail stores and jordan.com.
Jordan Brand incorporates Flyknit for the first time in a...
It's available starting July 1 on Nike+, nike.com and at select retailers.
It's available starting July 1 on Nike+, SNKRS, nike.com and at select...
It's available in a Fingerprint colorway starting July 1 on Nike+,...
These seven talented players represent the next generation.
The collection launches June 24 at NikeLab.
Rodriguez shares some of the achievements, lessons and memories that have highlighted his time as a Nike athlete thus far. The Nike SB Paul Rodriguez Ten is available July 1 on nike.com and at select retailers.
Rodriguez shares some of the achievements, lessons and me...
Worn by Draymond Green, the Nike React Hyperdunk 2017 Flyknit delivers comfort, support and the responsive energy return of all-new proprietary Nike React cushioning platform. The shoe launches globally August 3.
Worn by Draymond Green, the Nike React Hyperdunk 2017 Fly...
The must-have basketball shoe for high-flyers, the Jordan Super.Fly 2017 featuring Nike React launches globally August 3.
The must-have basketball shoe for high-flyers, the Jordan...
Nike’s latest underfoot innovation, Nike React foam, delivers durability and responsiveness through a lightweight platform.
Nike’s latest underfoot innovation, Nike React foam, deli...
The NikeLab Vandal High x John Elliott debuted during Elliott's Fall/Winter '17 runway show at New York Fashion Week. This week, the silhouette officially launches in Paris, where Elliott is showing for the first time in his career.
The NikeLab Vandal High x John Elliott debuted during Ell...
The creation of a legendary basketball shoe is a two-step process. Once the design is done, all that matters next is what the player achieves while wearing it.
The creation of a legendary basketball shoe is a two-step...
This fall, Jordan Brand reimagines, recreates and reintroduces iconic silhouettes that celebrate Air Jordan style on and off the court.
This fall, Jordan Brand reimagines, recreates and reintro...