Nike celebrates 15 years by encouraging you to LIVESTRONG.
On Oct. 2, 1996, Lance Armstrong was diagnosed with advanced testicular cancer. On Jan. 8, 1997, he decided to engage others in his fight against the disease by starting the Lance Armstrong Foundation. By 1999 he was back on the bike and went on to claim a record seven Tour De France victories while raising awareness and hope for millions of people whose lives have been impacted by cancer.
Today Lance’s foundation is known the world over as LIVESTRONG. For 28 million people around the world living with cancer today it is a symbol of inspiration, help and community. Nike is proud to be a long-time supporter of Lance Armstrong and LIVESTRONG.
Nike’s commitment to Lance as an athlete and advocate began in 1996. Our partnership continues to grow as we work together to help expand his message of hope to LIVESTRONG supporters around the world with the Nike LIVESTRONG collection.
15 ways to LIVESTRONG:
1. Support LIVESTRONG by purchasing a wristband for $1.In 2004, Nike launched the LIVESTRONG yellow wristband to help raise awareness and funds for LIVESTRONG. The wristband became a global phenomenon, with Lance and other athletes, celebrities and individuals from all walks of life joining what LIVESTRONG CEO and President Doug Ulman calls “the democratization of philanthropy.”
2. Wear the LIVESTRONG Collection.Nike created the LIVESTRONG collection of training apparel, footwear and accessories in 2008. Rooted in performance and style, the collection has grown tremendously since the iconic yellow LIVESTRONG wristband debuted in 2004. To date more than 84 million wristbands have been distributed and $100 million raised for the cause. Nike’s LIVESTRONG collection is available at www.nikestore.com and select retailers around the world.
3. Learn from LIVESTRONG.Visit www.livestrong.org to learn about the disease, what you can do to support and help others living with cancer, and how Lance’s fight inspired him to begin LIVESTRONG.
4. Seek help from LIVESTRONG.LIVESTRONG provides free, confidential, one-on-one support to anyone affected by cancer. Visit www.livestrong.org/gethelp.
5. Train for LIVESTRONG.Amplify your training with the team LIVESTRONG feature on the Nike Boom app. Lance will motivate you as you train to meet your fundraising goals and you can spread the word through your social networks.
6. Compete for LIVESTRONG.Visit www.livestrong.org/team and sign up to run, walk or bike in a team LIVESTRONG event happening across the country.
7. Take action with LIVESTRONG.Find out what’s already going on in your area or find out how to organize your own event to raise funds for LIVESTRONG. Visit www.livestrong.org/takeaction.
8. Donate to LIVESTRONG.A donation to LIVESTRONG can help raise awareness and provide essential support to people affected by cancer. Make an online donation or explore other ways to give at www.livestrong.org/donate.
9. Follow Lance on Twitter @lancearmstrong.
10. Follow LIVESTRONG CEO and President, Doug Ulman, on Twitter @dougulman.
11. Follow LIVESTRONG on Twitter @livestrong.
12. Join LIVESTRONG on Facebook - www.facebook.com/livestrong
13. Share your story using #whyilivestrong.
14. Show your support for LIVESTRONG on World Cancer Day, Feb. 4, 2012.
15. Get a check-up. Go to your doctor for routine cancer screenings.
The HyperAdapt 1.0 goes global.
These experiences, including a first-of-its-kind Roger Federer pop-up shop, redefine personalization and ready the launch of a series of high-heat releases in New York City.
These experiences, including a first-of-its-kind Roger Fe...
The boots will be available August 21 on nike.com.
This is a special Nike FI Flex PE for Melissa Reid.
This is a special Nike FI Flex PE for Michelle Wie.
This is a special Nike Blazer PE for Michelle Wie.
It's available starting September 7 at select retailers globally.
It's available starting September 7 at select retailers g...
It's available starting August 19 on nike.com, the Nike SNEAKRS App and at select retailers in Western Europe.
It's available starting August 19 on nike.com, the Nike S...
Michael Jordan’s first signature shoe, this time reimagined with modern materials, releases September 9 on nike.com and at select retailers.
Michael Jordan’s first signature shoe, this time reimagin...
The new silhouette comes with stencils for at-home personalization.
The new silhouette comes with stencils for at-home person...
Combining performance innovation with color inspiration, the new KOBE A.D. launches globally on August 24, in recognition of the legend's uniform numbers, 8 and 24.
Combining performance innovation with color inspiration, ...
The film gives viewers an unprecedented insight into the runner’s journey.
The film gives viewers an unprecedented insight into the ...
One year on from the Rio Games of 2016, Nike is taking a moment to spotlight one of its most inspiring initiatives that kicked off during the Rio Games and will continue to move kids in Rio through 2020.
One year on from the Rio Games of 2016, Nike is taking a ...
Jordan Brand and the Argentine Basketball Federation (CABB) today unveiled the new national basketball team kit at an event at the Nike Palermo store in Buenos Aires.
Jordan Brand and the Argentine Basketball Federation (CAB...
Exclusive restocks and releases highlight Nike’s latest digital offering which brings the best way to stay up to date with new drops and receive notification of official launch dates to the EU.
Exclusive restocks and releases highlight Nike’s latest d...