Nike celebrates 15 years by encouraging you to LIVESTRONG.
On Oct. 2, 1996, Lance Armstrong was diagnosed with advanced testicular cancer. On Jan. 8, 1997, he decided to engage others in his fight against the disease by starting the Lance Armstrong Foundation. By 1999 he was back on the bike and went on to claim a record seven Tour De France victories while raising awareness and hope for millions of people whose lives have been impacted by cancer.
Today Lance’s foundation is known the world over as LIVESTRONG. For 28 million people around the world living with cancer today it is a symbol of inspiration, help and community. Nike is proud to be a long-time supporter of Lance Armstrong and LIVESTRONG.
Nike’s commitment to Lance as an athlete and advocate began in 1996. Our partnership continues to grow as we work together to help expand his message of hope to LIVESTRONG supporters around the world with the Nike LIVESTRONG collection.
15 ways to LIVESTRONG:
1. Support LIVESTRONG by purchasing a wristband for $1.In 2004, Nike launched the LIVESTRONG yellow wristband to help raise awareness and funds for LIVESTRONG. The wristband became a global phenomenon, with Lance and other athletes, celebrities and individuals from all walks of life joining what LIVESTRONG CEO and President Doug Ulman calls “the democratization of philanthropy.”
2. Wear the LIVESTRONG Collection.Nike created the LIVESTRONG collection of training apparel, footwear and accessories in 2008. Rooted in performance and style, the collection has grown tremendously since the iconic yellow LIVESTRONG wristband debuted in 2004. To date more than 84 million wristbands have been distributed and $100 million raised for the cause. Nike’s LIVESTRONG collection is available at www.nikestore.com and select retailers around the world.
3. Learn from LIVESTRONG.Visit www.livestrong.org to learn about the disease, what you can do to support and help others living with cancer, and how Lance’s fight inspired him to begin LIVESTRONG.
4. Seek help from LIVESTRONG.LIVESTRONG provides free, confidential, one-on-one support to anyone affected by cancer. Visit www.livestrong.org/gethelp.
5. Train for LIVESTRONG.Amplify your training with the team LIVESTRONG feature on the Nike Boom app. Lance will motivate you as you train to meet your fundraising goals and you can spread the word through your social networks.
6. Compete for LIVESTRONG.Visit www.livestrong.org/team and sign up to run, walk or bike in a team LIVESTRONG event happening across the country.
7. Take action with LIVESTRONG.Find out what’s already going on in your area or find out how to organize your own event to raise funds for LIVESTRONG. Visit www.livestrong.org/takeaction.
8. Donate to LIVESTRONG.A donation to LIVESTRONG can help raise awareness and provide essential support to people affected by cancer. Make an online donation or explore other ways to give at www.livestrong.org/donate.
9. Follow Lance on Twitter @lancearmstrong.
10. Follow LIVESTRONG CEO and President, Doug Ulman, on Twitter @dougulman.
11. Follow LIVESTRONG on Twitter @livestrong.
12. Join LIVESTRONG on Facebook - www.facebook.com/livestrong
13. Share your story using #whyilivestrong.
14. Show your support for LIVESTRONG on World Cancer Day, Feb. 4, 2012.
15. Get a check-up. Go to your doctor for routine cancer screenings.
Kyrie Irving played in these KYRIE 2s during the playoffs, scoring 31...
Kevin Durant may play in these special KD8 Elite PEs during the playoffs.
Jordan athlete Monta Ellis is playing in these player exclusive Jordan...
The NikeCourt Tennis Classic Ultra Flyknit brings an innovative performance update to the classic '70s silhouette.
The NikeCourt Tennis Classic Ultra Flyknit brings an inno...
UPDATE: Jalen Ramsey and Corey Coleman were selected 5th and 15th, respectively in tonight’s draft.
UPDATE: Jalen Ramsey and Corey Coleman were selected 5th ...
The second installment of the KOBE 11 Muse Pack is designed by Tinker Hatfield, honoring Kobe’s ascension to greatness with inspiration from Michael Jordan and the Air Jordan III.
The second installment of the KOBE 11 Muse Pack is design...
Featuring two layers and one innovative storage system, the NikeLab Transform Jacket is designed to adapt to the changing conditions of all-day wear.
Featuring two layers and one innovative storage system, t...
Today Nike Football announces the addition of running back Derrick Henry to its elite roster.
Today Nike Football announces the addition of running bac...
Nike’s Tech Pack proposition returns to deliver lightweight breathability for the warm months of summer.
Nike’s Tech Pack proposition returns to deliver lightweig...
Amna Al Haddad details her journey to becoming a weightlifter and her training routine ahead of the 2016 team trials.
Amna Al Haddad details her journey to becoming a weightli...
One of the most decorated players in the history of college basketball joins Nike with multi-year endorsement deal after becoming the WNBA's number one draft pick.
One of the most decorated players in the history of colle...
Exclusive behind-the-scenes content, episodes, cast and crew member information, key products and more.
Exclusive behind-the-scenes content, episodes, cast and c...
For golfer Rory McIlory, running is a way of clearing his mind and preparing for long rounds.
For golfer Rory McIlory, running is a way of clearing his...
UConn caps an incredible undefeated 38-0 season with its 11th National Championship
UConn caps an incredible undefeated 38-0 season with its ...
Building upon over a decade of Nike Free innovation, Nike unveils new running and training additions to its Free footwear family.
Building upon over a decade of Nike Free innovation, Nike...