Nike celebrates 15 years by encouraging you to LIVESTRONG.
On Oct. 2, 1996, Lance Armstrong was diagnosed with advanced testicular cancer. On Jan. 8, 1997, he decided to engage others in his fight against the disease by starting the Lance Armstrong Foundation. By 1999 he was back on the bike and went on to claim a record seven Tour De France victories while raising awareness and hope for millions of people whose lives have been impacted by cancer.
Today Lance’s foundation is known the world over as LIVESTRONG. For 28 million people around the world living with cancer today it is a symbol of inspiration, help and community. Nike is proud to be a long-time supporter of Lance Armstrong and LIVESTRONG.
Nike’s commitment to Lance as an athlete and advocate began in 1996. Our partnership continues to grow as we work together to help expand his message of hope to LIVESTRONG supporters around the world with the Nike LIVESTRONG collection.
15 ways to LIVESTRONG:
1. Support LIVESTRONG by purchasing a wristband for $1.In 2004, Nike launched the LIVESTRONG yellow wristband to help raise awareness and funds for LIVESTRONG. The wristband became a global phenomenon, with Lance and other athletes, celebrities and individuals from all walks of life joining what LIVESTRONG CEO and President Doug Ulman calls “the democratization of philanthropy.”
2. Wear the LIVESTRONG Collection.Nike created the LIVESTRONG collection of training apparel, footwear and accessories in 2008. Rooted in performance and style, the collection has grown tremendously since the iconic yellow LIVESTRONG wristband debuted in 2004. To date more than 84 million wristbands have been distributed and $100 million raised for the cause. Nike’s LIVESTRONG collection is available at www.nikestore.com and select retailers around the world.
3. Learn from LIVESTRONG.Visit www.livestrong.org to learn about the disease, what you can do to support and help others living with cancer, and how Lance’s fight inspired him to begin LIVESTRONG.
4. Seek help from LIVESTRONG.LIVESTRONG provides free, confidential, one-on-one support to anyone affected by cancer. Visit www.livestrong.org/gethelp.
5. Train for LIVESTRONG.Amplify your training with the team LIVESTRONG feature on the Nike Boom app. Lance will motivate you as you train to meet your fundraising goals and you can spread the word through your social networks.
6. Compete for LIVESTRONG.Visit www.livestrong.org/team and sign up to run, walk or bike in a team LIVESTRONG event happening across the country.
7. Take action with LIVESTRONG.Find out what’s already going on in your area or find out how to organize your own event to raise funds for LIVESTRONG. Visit www.livestrong.org/takeaction.
8. Donate to LIVESTRONG.A donation to LIVESTRONG can help raise awareness and provide essential support to people affected by cancer. Make an online donation or explore other ways to give at www.livestrong.org/donate.
9. Follow Lance on Twitter @lancearmstrong.
10. Follow LIVESTRONG CEO and President, Doug Ulman, on Twitter @dougulman.
11. Follow LIVESTRONG on Twitter @livestrong.
12. Join LIVESTRONG on Facebook - www.facebook.com/livestrong
13. Share your story using #whyilivestrong.
14. Show your support for LIVESTRONG on World Cancer Day, Feb. 4, 2012.
15. Get a check-up. Go to your doctor for routine cancer screenings.
Jordan Brand gifted the University of North Carolina head men’s basketball coach with an exclusive box and footwear following his win against Syracuse last night.
Jordan Brand gifted the University of North Carolina head...
In honor of the principles King stood for, some players will wear all-black PEs during the holiday’s slate of games.
In honor of the principles King stood for, some players w...
From sketch to scoring machine, Nike unveils the new Hypervenom 3. The boot will be available January 30 on Nike.com in the Poison Green/Hyper Orange colorway.
From sketch to scoring machine, Nike unveils the new Hype...
LeBron James’s debut signature shoe, the Nike Air Zoom Generation,...
This is a special Nike Zoom Rev 2017 PE for Draymond Green.
This is a new Nike KOBE A.D. navy colorway launching globally on...
Nike Football’s new training apparel is designed to help players train at full speed during winter weather.
Nike Football’s new training apparel is designed to help ...
Making NCAA history, UConn Women tops its previous record winning-streak.
Making NCAA history, UConn Women tops its previous record...
Jordan Brand will provide the CABB with premium performance innovation apparel as the team prepares for major international basketball tournaments like next year's World Basketball Championships in China.
Jordan Brand will provide the CABB with premium performan...
The Brian Anderson collection releases January 19 on nike.com and at select retailers.
The Brian Anderson collection releases January 19 on nike...
New jersey for India Cricket embodies spirit of self-belief.
New jersey for India Cricket embodies spirit of self-beli...
FKA twigs discusses the cast featured in the “do you believe in more?” film, with photographs from the shoot in Mexico City.
FKA twigs discusses the cast featured in the “do you beli...
FKA twigs has conceptualized, directed, performed and soundtracked a collection of work for Nike that sheds light on the power of modern movement and defines sport as an important channel of expression.
FKA twigs has conceptualized, directed, performed and sou...
Nike’s Zonal Strength Tights for both men and women are available in retail and Nike.com starting January 12.
Nike’s Zonal Strength Tights for both men and women are a...