Nike celebrates 15 years by encouraging you to LIVESTRONG.
On Oct. 2, 1996, Lance Armstrong was diagnosed with advanced testicular cancer. On Jan. 8, 1997, he decided to engage others in his fight against the disease by starting the Lance Armstrong Foundation. By 1999 he was back on the bike and went on to claim a record seven Tour De France victories while raising awareness and hope for millions of people whose lives have been impacted by cancer.
Today Lance’s foundation is known the world over as LIVESTRONG. For 28 million people around the world living with cancer today it is a symbol of inspiration, help and community. Nike is proud to be a long-time supporter of Lance Armstrong and LIVESTRONG.
Nike’s commitment to Lance as an athlete and advocate began in 1996. Our partnership continues to grow as we work together to help expand his message of hope to LIVESTRONG supporters around the world with the Nike LIVESTRONG collection.
15 ways to LIVESTRONG:
1. Support LIVESTRONG by purchasing a wristband for $1.In 2004, Nike launched the LIVESTRONG yellow wristband to help raise awareness and funds for LIVESTRONG. The wristband became a global phenomenon, with Lance and other athletes, celebrities and individuals from all walks of life joining what LIVESTRONG CEO and President Doug Ulman calls “the democratization of philanthropy.”
2. Wear the LIVESTRONG Collection.Nike created the LIVESTRONG collection of training apparel, footwear and accessories in 2008. Rooted in performance and style, the collection has grown tremendously since the iconic yellow LIVESTRONG wristband debuted in 2004. To date more than 84 million wristbands have been distributed and $100 million raised for the cause. Nike’s LIVESTRONG collection is available at www.nikestore.com and select retailers around the world.
3. Learn from LIVESTRONG.Visit www.livestrong.org to learn about the disease, what you can do to support and help others living with cancer, and how Lance’s fight inspired him to begin LIVESTRONG.
4. Seek help from LIVESTRONG.LIVESTRONG provides free, confidential, one-on-one support to anyone affected by cancer. Visit www.livestrong.org/gethelp.
5. Train for LIVESTRONG.Amplify your training with the team LIVESTRONG feature on the Nike Boom app. Lance will motivate you as you train to meet your fundraising goals and you can spread the word through your social networks.
6. Compete for LIVESTRONG.Visit www.livestrong.org/team and sign up to run, walk or bike in a team LIVESTRONG event happening across the country.
7. Take action with LIVESTRONG.Find out what’s already going on in your area or find out how to organize your own event to raise funds for LIVESTRONG. Visit www.livestrong.org/takeaction.
8. Donate to LIVESTRONG.A donation to LIVESTRONG can help raise awareness and provide essential support to people affected by cancer. Make an online donation or explore other ways to give at www.livestrong.org/donate.
9. Follow Lance on Twitter @lancearmstrong.
10. Follow LIVESTRONG CEO and President, Doug Ulman, on Twitter @dougulman.
11. Follow LIVESTRONG on Twitter @livestrong.
12. Join LIVESTRONG on Facebook - www.facebook.com/livestrong
13. Share your story using #whyilivestrong.
14. Show your support for LIVESTRONG on World Cancer Day, Feb. 4, 2012.
15. Get a check-up. Go to your doctor for routine cancer screenings.
Nike and the NBA release details of four new primary uniforms and give a first glimpse of the Golden State Warriors' Association jersey.
Nike and the NBA release details of four new primary unif...
The New HyperFam collection recognizes the unique culture of summer basketball in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Manila, Beijing and Madrid.
The New HyperFam collection recognizes the unique culture...
A guide to Fall 2017 releases of the Air Max 97 OG, OG Premium and Ultra.
A guide to Fall 2017 releases of the Air Max 97 OG, OG Pr...
It's now available on Nike+, nike.com and at select retailers.
The Nike PG1 "Blockbuster" is available starting July 22 on Nike+,...
It's available starting August 3 on Nike+, SNKRS, nike.com and at select...
Today, Nike’s all-access pass to experiences, products and services gets even more robust with a new set of regional benefits, including unlocking training content from the continent’s top athletes and exclusive product drops and rewards.
Today, Nike’s all-access pass to experiences, products an...
Irving will immerse himself in Asian basketball culture while traveling to Japan, Taiwan and China. Check back daily for new photos and videos.
Irving will immerse himself in Asian basketball culture w...
NIKE, Inc. today announced Monique Matheson will become Nike’s EVP, Global Human Resources.
NIKE, Inc. today announced Monique Matheson will become N...
The Nike Zoom Fly and Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34 are available June 8, and the Nike Zoom Vaporfly 4% releases July 20.
The Nike Zoom Fly and Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34 are availa...
As Roger Federer claims his eighth title in London, Nike releases a limited-edition shoe and commemorative T-shirts to celebrate his success and style.
As Roger Federer claims his eighth title in London, Nike ...
"Game on," a documentary photo series focused on women's football in the Netherlands, provides a telling glimpse into the lives of those involved in the country's fastest growing team sport.
"Game on," a documentary photo series focused on women's ...
The biggest Jordan Brand store in Asia offers hyperlocal product, new regulation size basketball court and unique design.
The biggest Jordan Brand store in Asia offers hyperlocal ...
Learn how Nike builds training shoes to help you move fast, lift heavy and feel great no matter what your workout of the day is. Plus, see which training shoes — including Kevin Hart’s new Nike Free Train Virtue Hustle Hart — can help you perform your best.
Learn how Nike builds training shoes to help you move fas...
Merging ideas from two Nike SB icons, the new Nike SB Dunk High Elite takes skate shoe conception to the next level. The Nike SB Dunk High Elite Kevin Terpening colorway will be available July 20 on SNKRS, nike.com and at select Nike retailers.
Merging ideas from two Nike SB icons, the new Nike SB Dun...