Today, Apple® and Nike introduced Apple Watch® Nike+, the latest result of a long-standing partnership.
Apple Watch Nike+ is the ultimate tool for anyone who runs, pairing exclusive Nike Sport Bands with Apple Watch Series 2, which features GPS, a two-times-brighter display, water resistance 50 meters*, a powerful dual-core processor and watchOS® 3.
Apple Watch Nike+ also includes exclusive Siri® commands and iconic Nike watch faces along with deep integration with the new Nike+ Run Club app for unrivaled motivation to go for a run, coaching plans that adapt to your unique schedule and progress, and guidance from the world’s best coaches and athletes. Apple Watch Nike+ is the ultimate companion for those with a passion for running, whether they’re emerging runners or marathon veterans.
“Apple Watch is the ultimate device for a healthy life and we wanted to push it further to create the best smartwatch in the world for runners and athletes,” said Jeff Williams, Apple’s chief operating officer. “Apple Watch Nike+ takes performance tracking to a whole new level and we can’t wait to bring it to the world’s largest community of runners.”
“We know runners – and we know many are looking for a device that gives them an easy, fun way to start running,” said Trevor Edwards, president of the Nike Brand. “The market is full of complex, hard-to-read devices that focus on your data. This focuses on your life. It’s a powerful device with a simple solution – your perfect running partner.”
Apple Watch Nike+, like all Apple Watch Series 2 models, features built-in GPS to track pace, distance and route, so users can run without an iPhone®. With the brightest display Apple has ever made, metrics are easy to read, no matter the sun’s glare, and if users decide to take a post-run dip in the pool, Apple Watch Nike+ is water resistant 50 meters, for swimming.
The Nike Sport band is crafted from the same strong, flexible fluoroelastomer as the original Apple Watch Sport™ Band, but now it’s perforated for even better ventilation and sweat management. The lightweight band is available in four vibrant, two-tone color combinations that are unique to the collection. Apple Watch Nike+ features two exclusive watch faces inspired by Nike’s iconic style that can be easily personalized with useful apps like Activity Rings, Heart Rate, Stopwatch and Weather, helping runners stay informed at a glance.
Nike+ Run Club
Apple Watch Nike+ takes advantage of the unique capabilities of Apple Watch Series 2 and the Nike+ Run Club app to be the perfect running partner on your wrist. The app experience is seamlessly built into Apple Watch Nike+ and easily accessed right from the watch face, so users can get going with a quick tap. The Nike+ Run Club app offers daily motivation through smart run reminders, challenges from friends and even alerts informing when the weather is right to get outside. Training data, including pace, distance and heart rate are available at a glance, and through shared run summaries, the app promotes friendly competition, even allowing users to send fist bumps to each other right from the wrist.
Pricing & Availability
• Apple Watch Nike+ will be available in two different aluminum case sizes, 38 mm and 42 mm and pairs with four exclusive Nike Sport Band color combinations including Black/Volt, Black/Cool Gray, Flat Silver/White and Flat Silver/Volt.
• Apple Watch Nike+ will be available in 38 mm at $369 (US) and in 42mm at $399 (US) from Apple.com, Nike.com, Apple Stores, select Nike retail stores, select Apple Authorized Resellers and select specialty stores and department stores.
• Apple Watch Nike+ will be available to order on Apple.com beginning Friday, September 9, with availability in late October, in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong,Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UAE, the UK and the US.
• Apple Watch Nike+ will be available to order on Apple.com beginning Friday, September 23, with availability in late October, Apple Watch Nike+ will be available to order on Apple.com beginning Friday, September 23, with availability in late October, in Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Russia.
• Apple Watch Nike+ will also be available in late October in Costa Rica, Greece, India, Israel, Macau, Mexico, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.
• Nike Sport Bands are available exclusively with Apple Watch Nike+ models and not sold separately.
• Apple Watch Series 2 requires iPhone 5 or later running iOS 10 or later. watchOS 3 and iOS 10 will be available beginning Tuesday, September 13 as a free software update. Some features are not available in all regions or all languages.
• Every customer who buys Apple Watch Nike+ from Apple will be offered free Personal Setup, in-store or online,** to help set up and personalize their new Apple Watch with calendars, notifications, apps and more.
• Anyone who wants to learn more about Apple Watch Nike+ or watchOS 3 can register for the free workshops offered at every Apple Store®.
*Apple Watch Series 2 has a water resistance rating of 50 meters under ISO standard 22810:2010. This means that it may be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean. However, Apple Watch Series 2 should not be used for scuba diving, waterskiing or other activities involving high-velocity water or submersion below shallow depth. Stainless steel and leather bands are not water resistant.
**In most countries.
Kicking off July 22, CR7’s three-day trip to Shanghai and Beijing aims to stoke the brilliance of China’s blossoming football culture.
Kicking off July 22, CR7’s three-day trip to Shanghai and...
Irving will immerse himself in Asian basketball culture while traveling to Japan, Taiwan and China. Check back daily for new photos and videos.
Irving will immerse himself in Asian basketball culture w...
Nike and China’s Ministry of Education hosted the first national Active Schools Innovation Award (ASIA) ceremony on July 23 to celebrate 100 inspiring teachers across China who are transforming the culture of sport and physical activity in their schools.
Nike and China’s Ministry of Education hosted the first n...
It's available starting July 29 at BEAMS Japan, BEAMS Harajuku, NikeLab...
It will be available during the Holiday 2017 season.
It's available starting July 28 on Nike+, SNKRS, nike.com and at select...
Tap into the legendary footballer’s recipe for success with today’s launch of NTC athlete workouts that feature his training routines, motivation, nutrition tips and recovery how-tos.
Tap into the legendary footballer’s recipe for success wi...
The New HyperFam collection recognizes the unique culture of summer basketball in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Manila, Beijing and Madrid.
The New HyperFam collection recognizes the unique culture...
A guide to Fall 2017 releases of the Air Max 97 OG, OG Premium and Ultra.
A guide to Fall 2017 releases of the Air Max 97 OG, OG Pr...
Today, Nike’s all-access pass to experiences, products and services gets even more robust with a new set of regional benefits, including unlocking training content from the continent’s top athletes and exclusive product drops and rewards.
Today, Nike’s all-access pass to experiences, products an...
NIKE, Inc. today announced Monique Matheson will become Nike’s EVP, Global Human Resources.
NIKE, Inc. today announced Monique Matheson will become N...
Nike and the NBA release details of four new primary uniforms and give a first glimpse of the Golden State Warriors' Association jersey.
Nike and the NBA release details of four new primary unif...
The Nike Zoom Fly and Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34 are available June 8, and the Nike Zoom Vaporfly 4% releases July 20.
The Nike Zoom Fly and Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34 are availa...
As Roger Federer claims his eighth title in London, Nike releases a limited-edition shoe and commemorative T-shirts to celebrate his success and style.
As Roger Federer claims his eighth title in London, Nike ...
"Game on," a documentary photo series focused on women's football in the Netherlands, provides a telling glimpse into the lives of those involved in the country's fastest growing team sport.
"Game on," a documentary photo series focused on women's ...